Dream winter Session

smalltincup

Hi All

Got back from the weekend fishing trip, it was a dream.

Got to the lake about 6-15 and sett up in the dark, better to so that just sitting around.

Come severn oclock me three rods where out and i was fishing. I used the Method with hook bait of Maize and plastic sweetcorn. Fish got of the line at 9:30, but at 10 i landed a small double, nice common.

30 minutes later I landed a 12lb common, then an hour later a nice 10lb Ghosti.

After that it all went quiet and the wind and rain, moved in and dame did it move in. Rest of the afternoon we hid in Bivvies and cowered from the rain

Pretty much quiet until about 7pm until me buzzer took off like the banshee riding the wind and the end result was a 24lb 5oz Leather was resting in my net.

(Now hopefull you should be able to see the picture if i do this right: Dam the files to big, will wotrk on it and see if i can make it a bit smaller)

That breaks my pb by 7lbs

A winter session that i thought would not ever happen.

A big thanks to one all the advice.

STC (Very Happy)

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I have been fishing this lake for 18 months now but i think my success was because:

1) Put my time in on the bank but also i have talked to the anglers who use it alot and have found out where the fish like to be and on what conditions

2) I have tried out varies baiting ideas and found one that seems to work

3) Tried different terminal rigs found that either a method feeder or an inline works the best.

4) Bait, these carp are not to keen on bollies but prefer lucheon meat, sweetcorn, hemp, maize and also plastic corn

5) Use of a groundbait is essetial on this water not matter what the condions, I method fished it just as I would have in the winter as I would have in the summer, but used less ground bait in the winter

6) The advice and tips i have got from being on here.

Thats what i put my success down to. Now i know that the largest carp in their is a 32lb, so the 24lb was a really bonus.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Angling skill then :). That must be my problem :(.

Must be my problem as well, just home from a 24 hour sesion , not even a liner. Tried different baits, pop ups,pellets , corn, different swims , depths , not even a single bleep !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Must be my problem as well, just home from a 24 hour sesion , not even a liner. Tried different baits, pop ups,pellets , corn, different swims , depths , not even a single bleep !

Face it Kestrel, you're a born "Blanker" mate.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Face it Kestrel, you're a born "Blanker" mate.

I have known that for a while now !

However I will not give up, there are loads of decent fish out there to be caught in all weather.

Its only a matter of time !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

I have known that for a while now !

However I will not give up, there are loads of decent fish out there to be caught in all weather.

Its only a matter of time !

Only joking Buddy !!!! I know you'd gonna get that 30 mate and y'right is is just a matter of time, stick at it

Anyway, at least you're out there trying which is more than I can boast at the moment. Will be soon though, especially after 1st March when new ticket cuts in.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.