New fly rod

Anderoo

This is just an unashamed excuse to tell you about the fantastic rod I bought yesterday - a 6' 6" 2-weight Orvis Superfine (with full flex action - like a split cane rod apparently). It's so tiny! It only weighs 1oz. I need spring to hurry up so I can take it out on 'my' little stream after the wild brownies. It must be crazy with a trout on the end - it feels like holding a pencil!

Half price too, what a bargain. Hurry up spring!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

This is just an unashamed excuse to tell you about the fantastic rod I bought yesterday - a 6' 6" 2-weight Orvis Superfine (with full flex action - like a split cane rod apparently). It's so tiny! It only weighs 1oz. I need spring to hurry up so I can take it out on 'my' little stream after the wild brownies. It must be crazy with a trout on the end - it feels like holding a pencil!

Half price too, what a bargain. Hurry up spring!

You'll love it.

I use a 2 wt that I built on a Dan Craft blank. It is fantastic for brownie fishing from a float tube. I lande an (Unexpected) 7lb Rainbow on it with no bother. :rolleyes:

Now all you need is the float tube :thumbs:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

It's gonna be great! Until now I've been using an 8ft 4-weight on this little stream, and that was light and delicate enough, but this is in another league. I'm just hoping it's long enough to reach out over the marginal reeds. Should be OK...

If I got into this stream in a float tube I'd look pretty daft - the water would only come up to my knees :lol: I would like to have a go at float tubing though, it looks like fun.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's gonna be great! Until now I've been using an 8ft 4-weight on this little stream, and that was light and delicate enough, but this is in another league. I'm just hoping it's long enough to reach out over the marginal reeds. Should be OK...

If I got into this stream in a float tube I'd look pretty daft - the water would only come up to my knees :lol: I would like to have a go at float tubing though, it looks like fun.

Float tubes aren't really suitable for moving water :rolleyes:

If you ever make your way up to Scotland, I have a spare tube and would enjoy taking you out for anything from little wild brownies to double figure rainbows up to pike on the fly, though you might need to bring a bigger rod :D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• 4 months later...

I would be interested to hear your reports on the new rod, Anderoo... this is my idea of fishing heaven, very light and wild... I am looking at putting together a fine/light set-up for fishing streams and burns and would welcome some feedback on your recommendations...

Thanks