half my harddrive vanished

Andy_1984

very odd, i just got the old touch screen laptop off my college so ive been messing around with it and i installed linux on it first time, then decided that i didnt want it because the touch screen wouldnt work so its got windows 2k on it now. though when i was formatting it for win2k i deleted all the information on 2 partitions by selecting delete this made the partitions vanish, one was about 28gb the other only a few hundred, my main partition is about 28gb aswel but i cant get back the other 28gb as its nowhere to be seen, partition magic never showed it up either.

it could be ive totaly misunderstood and that the partition was merged back into the main partition but im damn sure its not as i think this HDD is 60gb

im stumped :wallbash:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Hi all

andy when you looked at the partion info it showed two did it?

and did you delete both?

and did you do it via some windows based software or boot disc style with a dos command?

cos if you did it dos style it should have given all the space back(once deleted both partions)and reboot, then the boot disc to get back to the partion info

maybe im lost here,ive had a pint or two after two years or so(dont qoute me on anything yet :)

t total i was:)i am again now:)damn room spinning stuff is wearing off thankfully

i think if i remember you have to remake the primary then format before installing anything

steve

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

I would have used fdisk to repartition drive, this will enable you to partition non-windows partitions. There must be a copy of fdisk on the net somwhere.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.