Top Posters In This Topic

OI OI,

Brilliant photo's kayc, im glad a good day was had by all,

anymore photo's anybody.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Thanks Seph for organizing a fantastic days fishing.

It was my first time on the Itchen and although I had heard good things about the river, due the weather lately, I was unsure how it was going to fish.

When I arrived I was pleased to see the river didn’t look too bad and I couldn’t wait to get my line in the water.

My approach was to feed mashed bread and trot a piece of bread flake through the swim. It wasn’t long before I caught my first grayling of the day….

P1010036.jpg

a nice fish of 1.1/2 lb.

A few more casts and another grayling this time a cracking fish just under 2.1/2 lb…

P1010041.jpg

After a couple more fish of about 1.1/2lb my biggest fish of just over 2.1/2 lb came along…..

P1010039.jpg

This was a fantastic day, and as my biggest grayling before this was only 1lb I was over the moon. My final tally for the day was 8 grayling and 1 trout.

Highlight of the day must have been Vidars pike, but I’ll leave that story for him to tell.

Thanks also to Tony & Sue for the mulled wine and chocolate at the end of the day.

P1010048.jpg

More Photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonrosk/sets...57594544320036/

er, Dunk wasn't making explosives in the hotel, nor preparing to take drugs, but it smelled er...interesting!

Many thanks Seph, and everyone who made it another memorable day.

ps One of the sea trout I caught also had pike teeth marks (or being a sea-trout, maybe something marine, but my money is on a pike).

pps Anyone guess what Dunk said, just before he buried the front wheels in mud? LOL

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Did Sue like her stolen balloon?

Stolen

Sue thought Dunc had bought it for her.

:rolleyes:

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Glad it was another successful fish-in on a wondefull fishery and I hope everybody enjoyed themselves and caught a few fish, I know I did. Well, I had a few Grayling and nothing else which is rather unusual, as it stuffed with Trout. My best going went 2.09 and had another 2 over the magical 2lb barrier.

I found quite a nice swim that contained a few fish and thought that the feeder might produce more fish, so off I trotted to get the feeder rod from the car that was only 20 yards away. When I turned around somebody had started fishing my swim from the other bank, naughty, but justice was served when they fell in :rolleyes:

Mr Burges did you get very wet? :rolleyes:

Thanks to Tony and Sue for the mulled wine at the end of the day.

Had a very entertaining and enjoyable night in the curry house, with some great food and fatanstic stories, so thanks to Malc, Leon, Tony, Sue and Dunc. Dunc you are very funny indeed and it was great listening to you.

Hope you found your way to where you were going on Sunday and Vauxhall want their balloon back :rolleyes:

I will try and get some pictures up soon.

Edited by seph

Paul

I can only concur with you guys, what an amazing day out :):)

I managed to catch quit a few Grayling up to 2.5Ib, a clonking Seat Trout, some very nice Brownies and a 4Ib Chub :yeah::yeah:

However, the highlight of the day was when my wife, Faye, hooked into what at first seemed to be the River Itchen version of Nessie. She felt she had no chance of landing it so I took over the rod, and after a 15-minute heart stopping battle was able to land an absolute stunning looking, fin perfect 17.5Ib superbly fit river pike.

This pike was hooked (hooked in it's lip, by the way) on a no 14 Kamasan hook baited with two maggots, attached to a 0.14mm /4Ib Middy fluorocrystal hook link using a 13’light float rod fitted with a ABU 507.

A special thanks goes to Andy (Jigotai) for taking the time running down to his car to pick up his carp net (my 20” match style net was not exactly up for the task) allowing us to actually land the fish, and for supplying the scales used to weigh it.

itchen1.jpg

itchen4.jpg

itchen5.jpg

Edited by Vidar6

I have been bogged down with football since I got home, my U11s team became the first team this season to beat our division leaders even though we had the bare 11 players due to holidays we managed to win 4-1 thansk to Liams 4 goals! I was supposed to have a 'childfree' weekend but that went out the window so to speak, I would have loved to stay down for a curry, maybe next time. It was a great day even though as usual I didn't catch, well apart from a 6" brown trout so I didn't blank :rolleyes:

Thank you Sue and Tony for the mulled wine, shame you don't live closer it would be nice to have a woman to go fishing with for a change :thumbs: My only regret was I lost out on Gerrys rod I had left a bid on:(

Nice to see so many of you again and meet some more of the AN regulars.

Until next time

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!