starlites and tip rods

John Weddup

I still attach my starlites with clear tape but it often tangles with line going under starlite so a walk up the bank with rod stretched out is necesary.

This is a bit awkward at night.

Is there a better method of attaching starlite to quiver tip.

thanks

john

I use the Enterprise adaptors, but tangles do still occur. The best way is to use Isotopes and attatch them with some shrink tube. The only problem with this is, is that you will need to remove the end eye to do this and then replace it. This is not as hard as it sounds and if I can find the link to the method of doing it I will post it for you.

Paul

You could paint the tip of your rod with luminescent paint. Undercoat with matt white and apply the luminescent paint. Once dry, a little coating of rod finishing dope and that should do it.

You could just use white insulating tape and a torch if that all sounds a bit permanent.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I have some beta lights (just in case you don't know these never? lose their luminescence) they are ideal as they aren't a bright as starlights and so don't upset your night vision so much and they last forever! The ones I have I think are made by drennan and come with a range of adapters to fix them to the rod tip. I can't find them on the net at the mo but I got them from Didcot Angling Centre 01235817005, I'm sure they would tell you who made them.

Rich

I still attach my starlites with clear tape but it often tangles with line going under starlite so a walk up the bank with rod stretched out is necesary.

This is a bit awkward at night.

Is there a better method of attaching starlite to quiver tip.

thanks

john

I have a battery light on my Beach caster. You can tape it on, glue it on or use a small elasticband to secure it. It's much easier on the eyes !

starlight cliplite, these work in the same way as a regular starlite exept they have a recess along them and they simply clip onto the end of your rod tip.they come in 3 sizes too so you can find one to fit a fine tip up to an avon tip.cheap too :thumbs: