Another new fish in idea

wellyphant

I like the sound of these fish in thingies but most of them seem to be darn sarf.How about travelling a bit further up north to south muskham near newark and have a fish in on the A1 pits stretch of the river trent,a fantastic stretch of river containing barbel,carp,chub etc..some anglers there have recently been catching upto 60 barbel in a night and the carp go upto mid 30's...fished there myself recenty and enjoyed it thoroughly..Theres plenty of pegs and you can drive straight to them.info and forum www.a1pits.co.uk/ Now i'd definitely be up for that..

Edited by wellyphant

Sounds good, you would have to talk to the fishery and reserve some pegs or a section of the river. I did one of these on a river a few year back and have not done one since due to the low turnout.

Good luck to you though.

Paul

Quite often the lads further up North complain about the fish ins being to far to travel.Easy answer is to organise some up North! Anyone can do it dont have to be an angling expert or special AN member to do so! Just need to know of some decent/unusual/interesting fishing,how to get acsess and permission then post the details.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Quite often the lads further up North complain about the fish ins being to far to travel.Easy answer is to organise some up North! Anyone can do it dont have to be an angling expert or special AN member to do so! Just need to know of some decent/unusual/interesting fishing,how to get acsess and permission then post the details.
Hi Budgie,I wasn,t complaining and now i know anyone can organize one i will try and sort one out on the Trent next year,,As i'm new to this forum wasn't really sure how they were run and who by,Maybe see you on Trent next year..cheers

I have been up that way a few times recently in the last few weeks (not to fish) and the Trent does look rather appealing. I passed a farm that was offering fishing on the river on a day ticket. You could park by the river there and it looked liked they had quite a decent length of river. I did think of popping in for a look, but have yet to do so.

I would be up for this, not fished the Trent, so go ahead and sort something for next year. Hopefully you will have a better turnout than I did when I organised one on the Avon.

Paul

I would be up for this, not fished the Trent, so go ahead and sort something for next year. Hopefully you will have a better turnout than I did when I organised one on the Avon.
Cheers Seph,,if you get a chance try giving A1 pits stretch a coat of looking at..I would be happy to have a go at organizing a fish in there but as it would be my first time i would probably need a bit of help,mainly because i live about 150 miles away from the place..from what i can gather,pegs cant be booked and it runs on a 1st come 1st served basis so maybe a mid week fish in would be a good idea,,having said that,on a recent trip there i noticed that there were a hell of alot of pegs available..we could even have a 2 day event,,1day on river and 1 day on 1 of the pits(pit 4 for example,holding plenty of bream,tench and carp).. :) Maybe with a bit of forward planning and persuasion the baillifs may reserve some pegs..