Chesil Beach Main Marks

MainBassMan

Thats one hell of a tidal back up to wash in to shaftsbury Clive!

No cider Today just Shampoo!! :wallbash:

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a boat to cross the Fleet - then might just have a VVVVV good mark 4 U!!!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Nobody need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2:

You just stick to Abbotsbury, MBM.

Forget about the Vera, The Guns, Big Lake, Thompson's Hut, The Aeroplane, GreenHassocks, The Point, Cauliflower Lake, etc., etc., etc..

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I'll base it on that then, and go down on a calm day with some sticks & get the exact + or - minutes different for the fleet itself.

as soon as i've got an accurate figure, i'll e mail my results to Newt & captain cojones, who will have absolutly no use for them whatsover, but it will keep them on their toes.

ill have you know i was just this second going to book a flight with easyjet, to go fishing at that exact same spot!!! :lol::P:lol:

You just stick to Abbotsbury, MBM.

Forget about the Vera, The Guns, Big Lake, Thompson's Hut, The Aeroplane, GreenHassocks, The Point, Cauliflower Lake, etc., etc., etc..

Your very abusive ... get a life Roper............ :wallbash:

The process arises when waves approach the shore obliquely. That is to say, at an angle other than 90° (because the backwash leaves the shore at 90°). The effect of this is determined by factors such as the direction and fetch of the present wind and, in the long term, of the prevailing wind. Waves striking the shore at an angle as opposed to straight on will cause the wave swash to move up the beach at an angle. The swash moves the sediment particles (typically sand or shingle) up the beach at this angle, while the backwash brings them, solely under the influence of gravity, directly down the beach. This has the net effect of gradual movement of the particles along the shore.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Edited by MainBassMan

Your very abusive ... get a life Roper............ :wallbash:

The process arises when waves approach the shore obliquely. That is to say, at an angle other than 90° (because the backwash leaves the shore at 90°). The effect of this is determined by factors such as the direction and fetch of the present wind and, in the long term, of the prevailing wind. Waves striking the shore at an angle as opposed to straight on will cause the wave swash to move up the beach at an angle. The swash moves the sediment particles (typically sand or shingle) up the beach at this angle, while the backwash brings them, solely under the influence of gravity, directly down the beach. This has the net effect of gradual movement of the particles along the shore.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Well said Clive, that out of the way, we must turn our attention to the outcrop of flat sections of purbeck marble at Cogden, I find it hard to believe that something as usefull as a large flat rock on an otherwise fine shingle beach, got there by accident. They can be used for chopping boards, beer mats, weights to hold down kit on windy days & something to quickly dispatch fish for the table. I have even seen people build unsupported masonry arches out of them, something that eluded even the Egyptians.

divine intervention ? or just some usefull rocks that happened to be there?

:offtopic::oops::unsure::rolleyes:

anyway, Hembo & I caught 2 spider crabs yesterday morning, bloke next to us had 3 mackerel.

anyway, Hembo & I caught 2 spider crabs yesterday morning, bloke next to us had 3 mackerel.

after you had gone ziggy some volunteers cleared all the rubbish,bbqs ,bottles etc and gave me two pristine traces.

cogden is such a beauty spot it is such ashame that people leave rubbish.sheer laziness.

if the chap who caught the mackerel (wet feet) is on this site we were to the east facing portland looking on enviuosly

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Well said Clive, that out of the way, we must turn our attention to the outcrop of flat sections of purbeck marble at Cogden, I find it hard to believe that something as usefull as a large flat rock on an otherwise fine shingle beach, got there by accident. They can be used for chopping boards, beer mats, weights to hold down kit on windy days & something to quickly dispatch fish for the table. I have even seen people build unsupported masonry arches out of them, something that eluded even the Egyptians.

divine intervention ? or just some usefull rocks that happened to be there?

:offtopic::oops::unsure::rolleyes:

:blink: Blame the ICE age - I remember it well!!!!! :yucky: