End of Night Fishing in Brighton Marina?

fishyrob

Thanks to the "No win, no fee" approach to upholding the rights of the citizens of this fine country, the company that manage the marina are facing a damages claim in the courts in the very near future. The case has come up because THREE YEARS ago, somebody went fishing for the day. The fishing was good so they stayed into dark. They werent prepared for the darkness, and on walking back one of them tripped on an expansion joint on the top walkway. They are claiming damages because they felt that the walkway should have been lit. What a load of b*ll*cks! If they had been prepared for darkness they would have had their own lights, for example. Plus, the little fact that angling is the UK's most dangeous sport, statistically (more people die anually while fishing than other sports, mostly drowning and electrocutions!!) Plus walk properly and pick your feet up and you wont trip on an expansion joint. If the Marina loses the case, it will almost certainly mean the end of night fishing on the marina. The claimants names will become public when the court case is listed. I will publish them when that happens. Should anyone know these people could they ask them to drop the case. Whatever small money they end up with after paying the solicitors (remember - Win, BIG fee) is not worth the loss of this fantastic, easy access (including wheelcair ramps installed last year) venue.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

This is typical of our society now, do something stupid, don't look where you are going, and sue someone else for your own carelessness.

In Cyprus, some kerbs are a foot high or more, if you fall of the ruddy thing, it's your own stupid fault for not taking care as far as they are concerned.

I blame pathetic judges for awarding tossers large sums of money for nothing. They should be told to b####r off and look out in future. If they can't manage, then stay in bed all day, where they will be safe.

hi fishyrob ,,, ohh great & he is supposed to be one of us...shame on the man , just another person jumping on the band wagon of compensation,,,,bet he was only a 1 day fisherman as well..........

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

hi fishyrob ,,, ohh great & he is supposed to be one of us...shame on the man , just another person jumping on the band wagon of compensation,,,,bet he was only a 1 day fisherman as well..........

Possibly, but I hope someone might know him. I will publish the name as soon as it is in the public domain. And I'll tell him someone with the nick-name Groyne Bandit, miss-spelt of course, wants to speak to him. That should give him the willies.....

Possibly, but I hope someone might know him. I will publish the name as soon as it is in the public domain. And I'll tell him someone with the nick-name Groyne Bandit, miss-spelt of course, wants to speak to him. That should give him the willies.....

love it : :clap2: , youve flumazed me on a reply now,,, still hopefully it will all fall through ,,its a place i havent fished yet ,,,,but hopefully i will at some time ,,,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

love it : :clap2: , youve flumazed me on a reply now,,, still hopefully it will all fall through ,,its a place i havent fished yet ,,,,but hopefully i will at some time ,,,,

I've just heard it is looking ever so slightly more hopeful from the Marinas prespective, but its still very much up in the air. Fingers crossed for a common sense judge. It can be a tremendous venue, when it is fishing hot. Even now, when the fishing is mostly for rockling and dabs it has the abilit to suprise, like the 12.5lb bass that came out on Sunday morning. I measured it, 31" of pure perfection. Gotta get me one now...!!

Edited by fishyrob

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to the "No win, no fee" approach to upholding the rights of the citizens of this fine country, the company that manage the marina are facing a damages claim in the courts in the very near future. The case has come up because THREE YEARS ago, somebody went fishing for the day. The fishing was good so they stayed into dark. They werent prepared for the darkness, and on walking back one of them tripped on an expansion joint on the top walkway. They are claiming damages because they felt that the walkway should have been lit. What a load of b*ll*cks! If they had been prepared for darkness they would have had their own lights, for example. Plus, the little fact that angling is the UK's most dangeous sport, statistically (more people die anually while fishing than other sports, mostly drowning and electrocutions!!) Plus walk properly and pick your feet up and you wont trip on an expansion joint. If the Marina loses the case, it will almost certainly mean the end of night fishing on the marina. The claimants names will become public when the court case is listed. I will publish them when that happens. Should anyone know these people could they ask them to drop the case. Whatever small money they end up with after paying the solicitors (remember - Win, BIG fee) is not worth the loss of this fantastic, easy access (including wheelcair ramps installed last year) venue.

well, i know Brighton Marina very well indeed, i have fished it for many years, and i must say whoever these so called fishermen are, they are complete muppets, whats wrong with them, are they just trying to get a quick free buck? at the cost of ALL the "REAL" fishermen that use the marina? whoever you are grow up, get a life, and stop this nonsense, and next time use lights if you cant see(or open your eyes). Dave does a great job running the fishing on the marina for many years now, we may not always see eye to eye with Dave at times, like in anything in life, but, without dave there would have been no fishing on the marina for many a year now!!

I was hoping someone would say how Brighton marina is fishing nowdays. Any reasonable bass coming up? I know that during summer months you can't get on there because of all the fair-weather fishermen that get there for the mackeral. Unfortunately, they are the worst culprits for litter. :rolleyes:

Enfield North London

I was hoping someone would say how Brighton marina is fishing nowdays. Any reasonable bass coming up? I know that during summer months you can't get on there because of all the fair-weather fishermen that get there for the mackeral. Unfortunately, they are the worst culprits for litter. :rolleyes:

:clap2: Just had a report of a 12lb plus fish, waiting on pictures. :clap2: