Knot for Mono to Braid

Looked through all of the sites I have related to tying knots and I do not see any recommended for mono to braid.

The lads were all using mono leaders on braid for wreck fishing, is this a requirement?

Could I put the sliding weight boom and bead on the braid and terminate with a swivel, and then attach mono hook length?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Braid has less abrasion proof qualities than mono, so it tends to break over the ironwork unless you use a mono leader. Braid to mono knots are probably less reliable than using a swivel in between.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll:

Braid has less abrasion proof qualities than mono, so it tends to break over the ironwork unless you use a mono leader. Braid to mono knots are probably less reliable than using a swivel in between.

:cool: Hi, you could double a length of braid and tie with a double blood or grinner knot if using braid rollers , if not using braid rollers a small swivel is ideal. :D

I didnt believe that braid was less abrasion proof than mono until last year. I use braid exclusively from the boat and never used a mono leader whilst drifting the banks for bass and flatties. Never had a problem with breaks etc. But when I went tope fishing I was astonished when the braid parted on the first 2 I hooked very soon after hooking. I could only assume it was the abrasion of the topes body parting the braid. So I tied a bimini twist in the braid and knotted a length of 40lb mono on and didnt lose a single fish after that. :D

Reckon the bimini is the best knot for the job, and also for shockleader too.

quote:

Originally posted by AlderneyBassman:

Reckon the bimini is the best knot for the job, and also for shockleader too. [/QB]

:cool: So do I but although I've tied it under supervision, I can never remember how to tie it later. The best idea is those wind on leaders that Davy makes, but again, I can never remember how to make them later. I'll have to spend a week in Scotland tying dozens of them under Davy's watchful eyes and bring them south of the border for my year's fishing. :D