One for the Sparks

I am installing an electric shower in the bathroom which is next door to the utility room where the consumer units are.

I was going to come of the 40amp mcb to a doubled poled neon switch in the utility room and through the wall into the back of the shower, son inlaw said I must have a pull switch in the bathroom and I am trying to find out if that is correct.

We did it that way up stairs but no one ever switches of the shower on the pull switch which I thought was for maintainance purposes.

Can anyone advise as my sparks advisor is playing hard to get at the moment and I want to press on tomorrow.

Thanks for any help.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Wall mounted or ceiling, but neither in a location within reach of a person in the shower, is the new reg I think, prior to 2001 a ceiling pull was required

Have you got the right sized cable and RCD/RCBO for the power of your shower?

Edit: just found this, may be of help

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/electricshower.htm

Edited by chris parker

Wall mounted or ceiling, but neither in a location within reach of a person in the shower, is the new reg I think, prior to 2001 a ceiling pull was required

Have you got the right sized cable and RCD/RCBO for the power of your shower?

Edit: just found this, may be of help

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/electricshower.htm

Thanks a lot that site answered all my questions, it actually states the best place for a wall mounted switch is in an adjacent room.

Thanks again have added to my favorites.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

OI OI,

Hi ken if it's any help the council has just put me a wet room in with a power shower & i have a celing switch, BUT being the council it may be right & it might just be what he had left on the van.

:help::help::help::secret::secret: i'll never know lol.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

Hi ken if it's any help the council has just put me a wet room in with a power shower & i have a celing switch, BUT being the council it may be right & it might just be what he had left on the van.

:help::help::help::secret::secret: i'll never know lol.

Hi,

I knew you could use either but I want to put the wall isolator in the adjacent room along side the consumer unit. I have no electrical switches in the bathroom which people can touch, the lights work on a PIR ceiling switch on the first floor and upstairs the light switch is in the hallway.

My other objection to pull cords are the way they look so grubby after such a short period of time and kids just love to swing on them :lol:

The building is 100% electric with all the very best safety gadgets installed, I hate gas and oil for heating and have proved with excellent insulation the rewards on heating are excellent, my bill for the last quarter Dec - Feb for over 5000 square feet, hot water, heating and lighting £365, bearing in mind that the ground floor is a retail outlet with coffee shop that is very good.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Ken with bills like that you is in the wrong job methinks!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

As far as I am aware, the wiring must be on a completely different circuit and have a Milliamp trip - like merlino bill me bathroom is a wet room!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription