Mullet Tackle Advice

DJMCJERICO

Hi all, I've decided that this year I would like to have a bash at fly fishing as it's the only type of fishing I've not done before and aim for mullet as they are getting to easy with bait :lol:

I was going to buy a fladen/vantage or Shakespeare starter set but I'm dubious about the quality or if it will hold up to the mullet and after having a look around I thought I would spend a little bit extra and get some half decent gear.

What I am hoping is that if I put my shopping list up here from tackle bargains some gentlemen will go through and correct my newbie mistakes.

Rod: Airflo Middle Tip - 3pc - 9ft 6" 7/8 rod

Reel: Airflo CST46 Balance

Rod and reel deal: £95 for both.

Line: Airflo Polyfuse XT Bass / Pike Cold Saltwater size wf 8f?

Leader: Fulling Mill Knotless Tapered Fluorocarbon Leader 5lb?

What do you use as hooklength? Something like double strength, amnesia or normal mono.

Is there anything rod wise I will need apart from flies?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Dan

Edited by DJMCJERICO

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Ok.Airflo mt are fine,infact i have just sold mine,but only due to an upgrade.

Steer away from any airflo floating lines-total pants,and to be honest the reels are not a lot of cop either.Have just got shot of an airflo reel and was not impressed with it.

take a look at bloke-rods.co.uk.

if you like what you see,pm me.I can help you out.No i don't own the company-i wished :blink: ,but know the guy very very well and can get you a stunning deal if required.he has given me so much gear,i am trying to help him out with a bit of sales help.

take a look on ebay at lines.Redditch have lines on there at around £7/£8 and belive me they are cracking lines,better infact imho than cortland,which will set you back far more.

Hope of some help

Ok.Airflo mt are fine,infact i have just sold mine,but only due to an upgrade.

Steer away from any airflo floating lines-total pants,and to be honest the reels are not a lot of cop either.Have just got shot of an airflo reel and was not impressed with it.

take a look at bloke-rods.co.uk.

if you like what you see,pm me.I can help you out.No i don't own the company-i wished :blink: ,but know the guy very very well and can get you a stunning deal if required.he has given me so much gear,i am trying to help him out with a bit of sales help.

take a look on ebay at lines.Redditch have lines on there at around £7/£8 and belive me they are cracking lines,better infact imho than cortland,which will set you back far more.

Hope of some help

Sorry forgot to add,the fulling mill leaders are fine as is the fulling mill fluro.Use both and have not had a problem with either.

Thanks for your help but I think I'll give you mates gear a miss, the cheapest reel alone is the same sort of price as all the kit listed above and the cheapest rod 3x that, it's a bit out of my beginners price range.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image