France in may

Gray-Catchpole

Hi all

my self and plod are off to passais in france in may, im really looking forward to it, we are staying and fishing here! it has carp of course, but also has catfish and sturgeon, i would love to catch either one of those, just wondering if anyone has fished the place, or have any tips for cats and sturgeon.

i know a member of AN only lives 20 miles away :fish: , so some info would be great,

cheers all

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Sounds like a great trip Gray.

Re: catfish and sturgeon - will you be purely shore based or will you have access to a boat?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

cheers Newt i cant wait

Im pretty sure all fishing will be bank based, as far as i know we do have acess to a boat, but purely for transport around the water(not 100% on that though, will confirm)

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

• 1 month later...

Just thought i would bring this back to the top, as im off on friday, he he he, :thumbs:

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

gray last time i was in France either big halibut pellet or luncheon meat were the killers for sturgeon .tiger nuts for the carp .would suggest using the on site bait as lots must go in .good luck have a great trip big AL

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

gray last time i was in France either big halibut pellet or luncheon meat were the killers for sturgeon .tiger nuts for the carp .would suggest using the on site bait as lots must go in .good luck have a great trip big AL

Cheers Al, long time no speak :)

what sort of size for the meat, the sturgeon go to about 15lb, around the same size as the donkey choker pellets?

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

off in the morning, all packed up trailer full, four of us going, should be great fun, and hopefully a few fish to boot, will give you all a report when i get back. :)

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

sorry for the late report, stuff n fings you know.

had a cracking time, we had so many double fig fish we lost count, and non of us are out and out carp fellas, but we all hit 20+ my best was 23.12, as was pauls wife dians, pauls best was 22.04 and his uncle jims was 21.02, had countless tench to 4lb, wonderfull, one day we had a three hour match, and all got over 10lb of small carp and nice rudd, unfortunatly no catfish or sturgeon showed, but what a lovely place,here are some pics

the lake

S5000187.jpg

me and 23.12

IMG_6017.jpg

lil fella

beatle.jpg

our house for the week

S5000162.jpg

the devils table

S5000207.jpg

on our way home we visited Pegasus bridge, the cafe is still run by the same family as it was when the bridge and the cafe was liberated by john howard and his men 5th/6 June 1944.

S5000262.jpg

Major John Howard

S5000260.jpg

the cafe

S5000262.jpg

this is one of the guns looking back towards the cafe

pegasusbridgegun.jpg

and this is an original picture from the cafe side, you can see the glider , also, where the geep is, is where the first man fell, The lift bridge spanning the Orne Canal was captured by British 6th Airborne Division glider troops in the first few minutes of D-day. The three Horsa gliders, visible in the top right brought Major John Howard and his troopers in on time, accurately placing them in position to seize the bridge by rapid surprise. Lt. Den Brotheridge, the first allied death on D-day was killed where the Jeep is standing as he and his men rushed across the bridge from the eastern side. A Bedford 4x4 engineer's truck is returning from the airborne headquarters area to secure supplies from Sword Beach. The drivers, although in Europe, are still driving on the left side as in England.

29-pegasus_bridge.jpg

the company was great, the fishing was great, but, my limited time in france only gave me grace to see one place, and i can say i was touched by what i saw on the pegasus bridge.

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

Fantastic photos, Gray. Cheers.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks for the report Gray. Sounds like a trip any angler would have loved.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President