first folkestone trip

chesters1

Try going along to the right Chesters, float-fishing down between the concrete groynes with lug or live prawn (which you can collect from the rock pools at low tide), no more than about 15ft out.

When I used to camp there I had quite a few bass, whilst those fishing the aprons were blanking.

the way the groins are failing there wont be any left soon even the concrete is breaking up and chalk visible underneath.

the rock seeding going on last year seems to have stopped well short of where its actually needed in the very place you speak off.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

When we last had a very wet winter, the chalk became saturated and there were quite a few chalkfalls.

Anything much this year Chesters?

no nothing ,the chalk showing is what the concrete walkway (where you suggested) is sitting on and is fast being undermined ,if its not treated now the lot will fail as the foundations (the chalk) will be gone.the dover direction has been maintained recently the slabs that broke up on the platforms have been reconcreted so hopefully the folkestone end will be next.

theres a lot more sand compared to this time last year i suspect the new rock wall is forcing it further down the coast.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the dover direction has been maintained recently the slabs that broke up on the platforms have been reconcreted.

They have to keep that bit in good repair because of the railway line.

If they allowed that section to be slowly reclaimed, a good storm could take out the line, even way back there.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

there used to be a station there in victorian times (hence the bridge) long gone .its strange in this time and the huge sums getting spent the whole country seems to have far fewer things today and a tiny fraction of the staff that run them

there used to be a station there in victorian times (hence the bridge) long gone .its strange in this time and the huge sums getting spent the whole country seems to have far fewer things today and a tiny fraction of the staff that run them

It's called progress :clap2:

yes, the rocks at low tide. :rolleyes:

I'm going to try the kayak off the warren in the summer. I'll probably launch at Seabrook. You can see on google earth the rocky area extending out to sea quite a way in one area. To the left of the harbour from the sea. Love to get to the seaward side of those. Also like to kayak over them at high tide with my fishfinder, see what's there.

Didn't know you had a Kayak! Didn't even know you had a canoe! Steady on lad, you ain't gettin' any younger! (only kidding) :unsure:

Enfield North London

Didn't know you had a Kayak! Didn't even know you had a canoe! Steady on lad, you ain't gettin' any younger! (only kidding) :unsure:

Hi there Ricky. We have three kayaks, two singles and a double. I want to take up kayak fishing, inspired by the lads on the kayak forum. We did quite a bit of yakking last Summer, and this week at Hythe. Going to take them to Wales this year for a couple of weeks. I have all the gear now, radio, depth finder, wetsuits, drysuite , trailer, boat rod.

I enjoy the excercise, but for fishing I will only need to go a few hundred yards offshore, so not a problem. I can paddle for about three hours at a steady pace before I need to come ashore for a stretch.

Havn't been shore fishing for a while, not much about.

Hi there Ricky. We have three kayaks, two singles and a double. I want to take up kayak fishing, inspired by the lads on the kayak forum. We did quite a bit of yakking last Summer, and this week at Hythe. Going to take them to Wales this year for a couple of weeks. I have all the gear now, radio, depth finder, wetsuits, drysuite , trailer, boat rod.

I enjoy the excercise, but for fishing I will only need to go a few hundred yards offshore, so not a problem. I can paddle for about three hours at a steady pace before I need to come ashore for a stretch.

Havn't been shore fishing for a while, not much about.

You be careful now! You're no spring chicken anymore! Paddle for three hours? You'll get arrested by the French Coastguard!

Me and a couple of others will be down this weekend, even if it's to get our lines wet. Good luck with the Kayak'ing(is this the correct term?) Mike! See you soon. :thumbs:

Enfield North London