ITS TEAMING WITH SMALL CODLING AGAIN

big_cod1

Well 2006 wasnt a bad year for small codling and once 2007 looks again as to many undersized small codling showing up ,i fished our club match on wednesday night at runswich bay and you were worried by them all night many just undersize but many upto 8-10 inches long the signes look good. :thumbs:

Well 2006 wasnt a bad year for small codling and once 2007 looks again as to many undersized small codling showing up ,i fished our club match on wednesday night at runswick bay and you were worried by them all night many just undersize but many upto 8-10 inches long the signes look good. :thumbs:

Are you still using them whiting hooks you bought for the beach last week Paul ?. You need a Pennel with 2 5o hooks on full with great big Yellow tails. My fish weren't tids :sun::lol::)

Are you still using them whiting hooks you bought for the beach last week Paul ?. You need a Pennel with 2 5o hooks on full with great big Yellow tails. My fish weren't tids :sun::lol::)

Stop bragging i know yours werent tids i had 1 size it wasnt exactly massive a pound and half but those worms you dug with me on wednesday certainly did the trick for you what were the rest of them doing who were fishing with you at boggle hole it yellow tail time now. :thumbs:

Yes its yellow tail time now they must have done the trick for you at boggle hole.

Well 2006 wasnt a bad year for small codling and once 2007 looks again as to many undersized small codling showing up ,i fished our club match on wednesday night at runswich bay and you were worried by them all night many just undersize but many upto 8-10 inches long the signes look good. :thumbs:

Cool B) i think ? :huh:

1509tarpon_75_.gif

So you are all talking about small codling this season again??? So how do we deal with the bigger than usual Spring run cod that is being taken on Thames/East Anglian boats at the moment. 5lb fish is normal, 7lb is not unusual and doubles are seen regularly. These figures are applying to Cod and Thornbacks, doom and gloom???? why.

Bass of good size are being taken as well. I see a good 2007 ahead. Am I missing a point :unsure:

'Sutton W'

So you are all talking about small codling this season again??? So how do we deal with the bigger than usual Spring run cod that is being taken on Thames/East Anglian boats at the moment. 5lb fish is normal, 7lb is not unusual and doubles are seen regularly. These figures are applying to Cod and Thornbacks, doom and gloom???? why.

Bass of good size are being taken as well. I see a good 2007 ahead. Am I missing a point :unsure:

'Sutton W'

Hi sutton warrior,

what you are saying regarding cod being taken on the boats it teeming with cod here from off the boats what was said was from the shore many small codling are now showing which usually means a good small codling class the following winter,

I was out with a trip 10days ago (not being since with the weather going today) and and we had a fantastic days cod fishing on shads with cod going into double figures working wrecks well inshore only 4 miles off to exact but it is good what you are saying to hear you are haveing a good spring run. :thumbs:

Hi sutton warrior,

what you are saying regarding cod being taken on the boats it teeming with cod here from off the boats what was said was from the shore many small codling are now showing which usually means a good small codling class the following winter,

I was out with a trip 10days ago (not being since with the weather going today) and and we had a fantastic days cod fishing on shads with cod going into double figures working wrecks well inshore only 4 miles off to exact but it is good what you are saying to hear you are haveing a good spring run. :thumbs:

Yea, looks like I did miss the point, loads of small ones, good years to come??? lets hope so.

The thing I like is that fishing from the boats is not a matter of drop the 'pick' anywhere and catch fish. They have to be found, grey matter, local knowledge, charts, tide table = good fish. Dont apply these factor and its a lottery? :o

'Sutton W'