My new reel...

David.W

I don't know where you live Chesters. I doubt it is on Stronsay or even several hundred miles of it but your message made me smile. So against some of the bad press you get on this board "I will be your friend".

Big advantage of this is we will never see each other so very little chance of us falling out.

Bob

PS I like multipliers and have taken the time to master them (Well some of the time) but you stick to what you like. See that's what I call a real friend someone who takes you for you and not what they want you to be.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats funny sanctuary, dave joyce said the same thing about your club :confused: :P:D

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

I've never used a fixed spool reel off the beach except for the odd bit spinning.

I went straight from a centre-pin(Tideflow Strike-right) to a multiplier.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Gingerly trying with multi

the sound of the cast is awsome makes me want to persevere pumpkin

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

I have also decided to take the plunge with a multiplier for fishing from the shore and have bought a Pfleuger Contender G50Hs from the states on ebay total cost including postage £40. Maybe a bit risky but a few of the forums I've looked at over there seem to rate them and it sounds pretty good

www.pfluegerfishing.com/products/co...lling-reel.html

There are 3 models in the range the G50HS being the top model with an open reel and centrifugal brakes and with a line capacity of 420yds/20lb even if I can't get on with it casting should make a fun light reel for boat fishing.

Will let you know how I get on with it when it arrives

Stuart

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one going over to the dark side

I still haven't had a chance to get out with mine yet (I keep getting called out) but hope to soon.

Good luck everyone else

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!