petition for increase in Bass MLS

musket

Leon posted this in the conservation forum but I thought I put it in here in case it was missed:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BassMLS/

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Leon posted this in the conservation forum but I thought I put it in here in case it was missed:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BassMLS/

Jon.

all done

C'mon guys we need numbers behind this, to show Mr spineless Bradshaw that we are serious

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

Already done :)

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I think you'll find the damage that the commercials had lined up to do the bass stocks if the new MLS was put through would have been far more damaging.

Blackmailed I believe the term is........discards and loads and loads of them. They were planning to deliberately target undersize bass so they could say "told you the discards would go up".

What we also need to do is work out a stratedgy to combat the underhand way the commercial fishing industry runs the department that is meant to be running it.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I think you'll find the damage that the commercials had lined up to do the bass stocks if the new MLS was put through would have been far more damaging.

Blackmailed I believe the term is........discards and loads and loads of them. They were planning to deliberately target undersize bass so they could say "told you the discards would go up".

What we also need to do is work out a stratedgy to combat the underhand way the commercial fishing industry runs the department that is meant to be running it.

A fleet of kamikazi dorados, simon. All with 50lb of C4 strapped to the front, straight into brixham at night!!!!! :angry:

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

That would take care of one lot.........OK hands up, whose volunteering first :headhurt:

The other thing that isn't doing us any good is some factions of RECREATIONAL ANGLERS are against an increase because they think the school bass are eating all the other fish......that argument doesn't hold much water though.

The sea used to have much greater populations of all fish, including bass, only 30 years ago - did those huge numbers of bigger, mature fish and their offspring ruin the other fishing then?

NO I thought not.

Back in the 70s the cod catch for the North sea was approaching 350,000 tonnes per annum - now it is about 20,000 tonnes per annum.

I seem to remember better fishing for all species back in the 70s - when there were more bass than there are now - and many more BIG fish (which do predate other species).

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• 2 weeks later...

Done but only 899 so far :schmoll:

You are now signed up to this petition. Thank you.

For news about the Prime Minister's work and agenda, and other features including films, interviews, a virtual tour and history of No.10, visit the main Downing Street homepage

If you'd like to tell your friends about this petition, its permanent web address is: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BassMLS/

anglersnetsig.jpg