Has anyone tried these for bass & pollock ?

Ken L

Not sure how new these are but they do look the business for ligh spinning for bass amongst the rocks.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not sure how new these are but they do look the business for ligh spinning for bass amongst the rocks.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Tried them in green and white laminate and blue black not had a sniff. You can't cast them very far, think it ruins their action to use a jig head but hey you might do better than me! There are a lot of way more effective plastics out there.

Ken - the senkos do really well in fresh water. Heavy enough to sink properly due to high salt content and almost all takes are on the fall. In the sea they would not have the proper weight and might not have the desired action.

That said, I have some ideas on rigs that could do well for you if distance casting is not needed. Wacky rigged would be a thing I'd try as would rigging them to a very light jig head variation in 1/32 or possibly as much as 1/16 oz. The up side is that the heavy salt seems attractive to fish so if you get a take, they hang on to the lure really well so you have time to strike.

I'd use these to rig the worm if I were not using just a hook for wacky rigging.

Owner Ultrahead available down to 1/16 oz with a #1/0 hook

72203c.jpg

Luck "E" Strike available down to 1/32 with a #1 hook

97803.jpg

I am a huge senko fan for fresh water preds. Never tried in salt water but would love to hear some results.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just checked that the link is OK - and it is.

These arn't the normal Senko's which (unlike Newt) I would have very little faith in.

Essentially, they are a squidgy version of the redgills of old that can be cast further with the addition of a slider jig (as per Newts post) or a screw in head sinker.

The big advantage that I would expect over redgills or ragout eels is the ability to fish them weedlessly - as in the linked "how to fish the Swim Senko" article.

My only reservation is that the colours sem a bit dark which is why I wondered whether anyone had tried them.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.