Holland on sea, report

codshead

Got there about 10ish, only to see a charter boat on the spot where I intended to fish, not to much of a problem as its a big mark, anyway launched around 11am and dropped the hook just south off the charter boat . First cast a nice 2lb codling on me lap and that was it basically , a bite or a fish a chuck, I had codling to just over 4lb plus some big ole whiting and some flobbers. We came back to the beach when the tide dropped , impressed a few people with the yaks plus made a few beachcasters green when I showed them me 4lb'er, they were only getting small whiting, which is not surprising , too much sunlight for the beach.

Went back out when tide picked up again and generally more of the same. Was hoping for a skate or two, but lisening to the radio they seemed to be on the feed early part of the flood, one boat nearby had one to 14lb , but after the first couple of hours of the flood they went off the feed. Generally we had a very good day, Scotsgun, aka Marc, had a few fish so he's bust his yakin cherry and hopefully he'll want to do it again, the only downer of the day was we had a parking ticket each when we got back :wallbash:

Nice one H :thumbs: I guess it's fish and chips for tea today.

Shame about the parking ticket

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Got there about 10ish, only to see a charter boat on the spot where I intended to fish, not to much of a problem as its a big mark, anyway launched around 11am and dropped the hook just south off the charter boat . First cast a nice 2lb codling on me lap and that was it basically , a bite or a fish a chuck, I had codling to just over 4lb plus some big ole whiting and some flobbers. We came back to the beach when the tide dropped , impressed a few people with the yaks plus made a few beachcasters green when I showed them me 4lb'er, they were only getting small whiting, which is not surprising , too much sunlight for the beach.

Went back out when tide picked up again and generally more of the same. Was hoping for a skate or two, but lisening to the radio they seemed to be on the feed early part of the flood, one boat nearby had one to 14lb , but after the first couple of hours of the flood they went off the feed. Generally we had a very good day, Scotsgun, aka Marc, had a few fish so he's bust his yakin cherry and hopefully he'll want to do it again, the only downer of the day was we had a parking ticket each when we got back :wallbash:

:thumbs: Nice one. About time you got yourself a camera innit ? ;)

Jesus man...don't you ever stop? Taking me out on Fri, down to kent today and time for posting threads too !

Seriously - cheers mate. I enjoyed myself and learnt alot...although you didn't show me that fishy voodoo you were practicing - you obviously sent the minnows over to me and kept the big'uns to yourself. I'll have to watch you closer next time.

Things i learnt:

1. don't lean over to look for the anchor whilst pulling up!

2. don't carry so much bloody kit.

3. It's alot easier paddling with the tide and wind in your favour.

I'll def be returning there next week (weather and tide permitting).

Also - took the wife, kid and dog down to a little cove in kent that has a sweet beach today. Set them up with windbreaker, tent etc and then promptly buggered off in the yak. Great little beach hemmed in on both sides with rocks. I did alot better using your uptiding techniques and even managed a few fighting fish by using some mackerel care of sainsburys. Lug ans squid attracted a few better cod.

The car park above was pay and display but the machine had been removed....you just know i was jittery leaving the old bus there after yesterday :rolleyes:

Marc

Paintfly

I'm a techno putz, I've got a camera but don't know how to put them on. If you can put them on from an e-mail , pm me an e=mail address and I'll send one from my phone, but seriously I'll have to learn, can't be that hard.

Scotsgun

Glad you enjoyed it, that sounds an intresting bay in Kent, better parking facilitys as well, at least it had signs.

Paintfly

I'm a techno putz, I've got a camera but don't know how to put them on. If you can put them on from an e-mail , pm me an e=mail address and I'll send one from my phone, but seriously I'll have to learn, can't be that hard.

Scotsgun

Glad you enjoyed it, that sounds an intresting bay in Kent, better parking facilitys as well, at least it had signs.

OK - you have PM

It's dead easy though mate. Don't bother with the AN photo posting system. Sign up free with Photobucket, http://photobucket.com/ then as long as you know how to save your images on your PC in My Docs, all you have to do is upload them to Photobucket which gives you a link that you paste into your posts on here. Takes care of all the resizing etc. for you and there's no limit to the amount of images you can post. Any probs get back to me :thumbs:

Edited by paintfly