Tying yourself to your yak?

jonnyboy

As I said before you make your own call on the level of safety you are comfortable with

Each to their own but sometimes you need to think of others , particularly those who may need to put their lives at risk because of your stupidity. Didnt realise we still had dinos around who thought it was acceptable not to wear a PFD at all times , or does a Dorado make you invincible :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Martin. I have stayed out of this one so far. But it is worth noting that this is a Fishing forum and not a touring or surf/whitwater forum. Attach the leash to the yak then you have the option to hold on or release depending on the situation. I have only seen Kayak fishermen fall off either at anchor or in the surf. I have never known someone go in while paddling. If they are at anchr the yak goes no where anyway. we do not go out in big water conditions purely because you cant fish in those conditions. We tend to land in moderate surf at worst and normally the yak beats you to the beach and you just walk in with egg on your face.

As for not wearing a PFD, well says it all really.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

onya Martin!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

AnglersNet top comments man!!!

I was going to go over a few points I made earlier, but then I looked at your avatar.

I love your avatar BTW. Looks to be a character that I vaguely remember playing a role as the idiot son of the squattocracy.

Nice choice!

Edited by varp

we love his avatar too Vart,it shows the endearing British ability to laugh at oneself---as opposed to writing a load of ****that everyone just laughs about

Just for the record-I believe PFD's should be mandatory for all in any sea going craft,and I'll bet the Coastguard is of the exact same opinion

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

we love his avatar too Vart,it shows the endearing British ability to laugh at oneself
....now now.....lets not start getting parochial. It'll only wind up in tears before bed. We're all big grown-ups here and you should have left all your petty insular insecurities far behind along with your bruised egos over being so totally crap at sport. Sort of went with the empire didn't it?

:sun::sun::sun:

....ah well.....so it goes.

Kurt Vonnegut said that a lot - "So it goes". Died last week. He also said "We are put on this planet to fart around and don't let anyone tell you any different." I like that too. Take note all you cats bum safety nazi's.

Martin - I'm so sorry we had to end like this. We shall probably never choose curtains together now, but ask yourself why should I bother talking with someone like your good self? I said this -

I also fish a lot of water where if I fall out, I stand up and get back in.

To which you said this -

not easy if you bang your head

I mean - WTF !!!!......... :huh::huh::huh:

I'm really at a loss to know what is going to knock me senseless out of the yak? I did note that the first recorded death by a falling meteorite occured on the Mongolian Steppes a few months ago. Perhaps you had this in mind? Your thinking 'yak', then Mongolia, then the two came together in what passes for grey matter with a 'WHUMP!'

Or maybe you pictured all-terrain-hugging supersonic mullet? They can be tricky now can't they Martin?

Seriously - to give you the benefit of the doubt - you might be referring to a collision. Trouble is - if a stinkboat decides to have it in for you in four feet of water on a bright sunny day then a type 2 PFD is not going save your bloody mangled arse. They really want you dead, but I digress.

I know how hard it must be for some peeps to accept their near total inadequacy to think and then accept consequences for their own actions and chronic stupidity is, sadly, natures way.

Put the facts out there I say. Proclaim it loudly and often. Legislate to protect the weak and enfeebled. Fine the transgressors. Then consider the conditions that present themselves and could possibly present later, then make up your mind.

Dunno why I just bothered with all this. You really just wanted some kind of pissy **** contest.

I was trying to resist, but you insisted.

....so it goes I suppose....

:)

I've not tried putting a PFD on in water, how easy is it?, I would think quite terrifying if you have just come off your Yak, cos you wouldn't be doing it unless something had gone wrong !!

Ped

:clap2: didnt let us down richie!! Meteors :thumbs:

Martin / Richi

Clearly an ozzy troll! just wants to wind up everyone. Just ignore, if he wants to join in with the yakking chat I am sure he is grown up enough to realise this eventually :thumbs:

Varp, dont bother replying, I wont amswer :rolleyes:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

:clap2: didnt let us down richie!! Meteors :thumbs:

I think maybe he has already had a bump on the head :wallbash: :wallbash:

No pfd and proud of it, whatever next leave the paddle at home and use chopping boards to get to the offshore reef ?

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I