Mobile phones

fruitloopy

FWIW I agree with Andy. I've got a Sony Ericsson W880i on O2 and I am very happy with both.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, and to everyone else that replied. I'm gonna research those websites via Google now.

Two minutes later...

This cheering piece of news

Dunno whether to laugh or cry

:wallbash::lol::wallbash::lol::wallbash::crazy:

Mine is nearly a year old now mate. The chances are it's probably been updated slightly. I doubt they would have done away with the idea altogether. It was an incredibly popular phone for ease of use and it's Walkman sound quality. I'd call 02 and ask them if any of their shops still have any. They can check their computer systems in seconds. If they don't have any, it's still worth trying to track down. I'm not into mobiles at all and I just wanted a very basic phone. It does more than I asked for but now that I've learned about all it has to offer and read plenty of reviews, I absolutely love it. It comes in Black/Orange or White/Orange. I got the white version.

If you can't get it anywhere I'd still recommend a Sony Ericsson. Once you've used one, you can use them all.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Dave see if Andrew answers when he gets in from work tonight as he uses a mobile for the same reasons ie he.s deaf so uses the text facility.Hes had a couple of phones so could most likely give you some help.

I used my mobile phone when going out fishing but is always on the low volume mode (meeting) to be discreet from others angler when fishing. It also on the vibrating mode when either recieving a text messages or voice call. I used both in text and voice (providing if the caller speak slowly and clear and I put it on to the speaker mode)

It been part of my lifeline because some of you might know or not know that I am deaf in both ears since birth. If anything happens when out fishing then the phone is important to ringing someone you know on the score.

My first phone was a Nokia 2210 and it was useful for me in sort of reason but I upgrade it to a Nokia 6210i in the O2 network

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Me too, but a £10 top-up lasts me so long the provider has gone out of business by the time I need another! (This actually happened to my first mobile)

My second mobile failed after a few months, and when Norma took it back to the retailer (at Victoria Station ) they had closed!

So I need a new mobile.

1. It must receive text (I can't hear anyone speaking)

2. It must vibrate and/or light up if someone calls (I can't hear a quiet ringtone and don't want to inflict a loud one on the rest of the world)

3. It must be as large as possible - not one of those silly little matchbox-sized things with miniscule buttons that are hard to see and impossible to press without depressing adjacent buttons..

4. It must be simple to operate - I use it so rarely that I have usually forgotten how to thread my way through the multiferous menus. The fewer menus the better.

Any suggestions ?

I would have gladly given you my old Vodafone handset gratis as it was quite chunky compared with today's phones, but I used it so rarely that (somewhat mirroring your experiences) Vodafone took it off the network and, because it was so old, they refused to put it back on. Now I make sure I use my mobile at least once a month so the same thing doesn't happen, but I know what you mean about the size of phones - my mum has arthritis and the shakes pretty bad so really struggles with tiny keys, particularly whilst texting. Unfortunately there don't seem to be many "big" mobiles these days, but a lot of Nokia's budget end phones seem to have larger keys than most other phones, and you can invariably pick these up from Tesco or another big supermarket that sells phones.

Try Ebay, Loads of 2nd hand basic nokia's going cheep
I thought the went more like this

Youtube Video ->

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote