I'll bet he REALLY wishes he had not said that

Newt

The players and coach of Rutgers University's women's basketball team today expressed "great hurt, anger and disgust" over the comments made by radio talk show host Don Imus, who was suspended (for 2 weeks) for calling team members "nappy-headed hos" during his program.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...,0,641880.story

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil

Sounds like the kind of fellah who only opens his mouth to change feet! ;-)

Mind you, that Reverand sounds a very Christian/forgiving kinda fellah........

"Rev. Al Sharpton, who had Imus on his radio show program, said that Imus should be fired over his comments."

Sounds like a fellah with a whole lotta hate in his heart if you ask me. Not sure which of the two is worse.

Imus was wrong to say that, but what galls me is that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson take it upon themselves to get an apology from him. These two clowns are the last people on earth to deserve an apology of any sort. Besides being professional Scolds, they're common opportunists, and hypocrites to boot.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Having seen his programme on many occasions, Ismus is an outspoken person and occasionally forgets he is on TV and not in his own home.

He is a genuine character and it shouldn't be forgotten the amount of charity work he does for very sick children at his ranch.

Jackson and Sharpton have made careers (and a lot of money) jumping on to just about any "racist" bandwagon passing by.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Time to shut down radio stations that play rap and hate songs and HBO and shows that air racist comedians like Chris Rock. Either clean it all up or shut up. Those poor Rutgers women, time to put them in a shelter. This terrible scar that they just can't get over will surely keep them from achieving their goals in life. Now they'll need medication and long term counseling. I just feel so bad that they may never overcome this horrible circumstance. Give me a break!

Time to shut down radio stations that play rap and hate songs and HBO and shows that air racist comedians like Chris Rock. Either clean it all up or shut up. Those poor Rutgers women, time to put them in a shelter. This terrible scar that they just can't get over will surely keep them from achieving their goals in life. Now they'll need medication and long term counseling. I just feel so bad that they may never overcome this horrible circumstance. Give me a break!

Good point.

Newt, I just know you have an opinion on the matter you're dying to give us.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

The sadest part is the money that will be lost to aid all the charities and the people, children and servicemen and women.The Rutgers team could have used Imus's sphere of influence, money and broadcasting to further their cause and he woud have helped them. Instead, with the help of the famous black coalition, they will revert back to the victimized, persecuted people. It is really a shame that did not make something good come out of a bad situation.