Supplier of netting

Salar

I have been searching for a UK supplier of small quantities of fine mesh netting for my push net (i.e. sandeel-proof), with no success. Before I resort to chopping up my seine net, does anyone know where I could get a piece of 5mm netting about 2.5 metres by 1.5 metres (or equvalent, have needle can sew) Thanks....

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

I am in touch with a net manufacturer! But how soon he can get the stuff here is anyones guess!! I'll see what I can do though and if you manage to get any before then, well that means you'll have TWO bits!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Theres a place in Bridport my Dad used to get sandeel net gear from - sorry - can't remember the name - think it may have been 'Gundry' or something like that - try google...

How much do you need - my dad may even have some offcuts. What size mesh - sandeel 'bag' size?

Cheers

Jim

Sorry - having just re-read the original post i can see the sizes - d'uh.

I'm local to you by the way (pompey) so if he has got any we can organise to meet for a pint or something.

I'll ask him later and get back to you...

JimLad:

I'm local to you by the way (pompey) so if he has got any we can organise to meet for a pint or something.

I'll ask him later and get back to you...

That would be excellent. Bridport Gundry went out of business, but I think some of the employees set up some commercial supplies businesses locally. I have tried all the usual search engines but traditional suppliers either don't have a web presence, or they are not around our patch. My plan is to net up the frame I have made and paddle along the East Winner, at low tide the terns go mad there so I am conviced there's a good population of sandeels. Next job is to make the old dinghy seaworthy so I can get accross to it! Know any marine timber suppliers in Pompey?

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk