It's your sport

essexbuoy

You are starting to understand what I mean Glenn.

Yes - absolutely to getting the commercial sector under control too.

That is why it is going to need a very well funded and professionally organised and managed organisation. I guess the model I am looking at is the RSPB, who like 'em or not DO get listened to by the UK Government, and therefore by the EU too. They may not always get everything they want, but they are respected and listened to.

If we are to counter the commercial lobby then we need to be able to out spend them. We need to be able to out think them (or more correctly the lobby consultants that they undoubtedly use). We need to recruit the decent commercials to our common cause (because I believe that fundamentally anglers and commercials do want the same thing - healthy marine environment with healthy, abundent, well maneged fish stocks). They common enemy is "Big Business" commercials, those who only undertand the bottom line, whos decisions are made in bank board rooms and accountants offices.

It is time we were a united force and got the commercials on the run, by dividing and conquering. Most creel fishermen, divers, longliners, handline and rod and line commercials have far more in common with us than with trawlers, and dredgers. Lets work on that division. Lets widen the gap.

To do so we need BIG MONEY and LITTLE EGO'S. Unfortunately we currently have lots of HUGE ego's and very little money.

Any thoughts as to how we change that?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

No the whole thing baffles me Nick. Anglers are very strange and I can see no organisation ever being able to bring us all together as one. Issues like Bag limits, licences, no take zones, bait digging restrictions divide us all. As Brian Carragher said once - the one size fits all approach will not work for angling - I believe he was right.

Anglers cant unite Nick because a lot don't know who the enemies are and some even believe the enemies are other anglers.

Wish I had the answer mate but I don't unless the answer is "It's Impossible".

What's your thoughts ?