Perch season

Anderoo

I just got the pictures :)

This is the 2lb 10oz from the Thames:

This is the biggie from the stream:

post-8161-1222937409_thumb.jpg

And this one was taken right on darkness yesterday evening from the stream again, an ounce under 3lb no matter how much I bounced the scales :D

I've never had a start to the perch season like this.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the pictures :)

This is the 2lb 10oz from the Thames:

This is the biggie from the stream:

post-8161-1222937409_thumb.jpg

And this one was taken right on darkness yesterday evening from the stream again, an ounce under 3lb no matter how much I bounced the scales :D

I've never had a start to the perch season like this.

Pah thats nothing look it this monster!

post-560-1222939456_thumb.jpg

Its not actually as long as the worm!

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

some nice perch there. Just got back from the little river that i've been fishing, spoke to the only 2 other guys down there, they said there are some nice perch down there. So I think it will be over to the worm and see what happens

I have been fishing down there for chub with bread and meat, in the first 4 casts I had 2 chub on meat

1 going 2lb 8oz and the other went 2lb 10oz, not a bad 4 hours of unexpected fishing.

Spot on mate. I can't think who I said it to, if it was on here or where it was but you can try this anyway. If you hold the perch along the length of your forearm and with your other hand out of sight, stroke the perch's belly, it'll very often throw it's spines up for the camera, so you're not seen holding them up. I don't know if this is an automatic defence mechanism or what the reason might be but that's how many of the best perch pictures are taken. It doesn't always work but it's always worth a try.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Spot on mate. I can't think who I said it to, if it was on here or where it was but you can try this anyway. If you hold the perch along the length of your forearm and with your other hand out of sight, stroke the perch's belly, it'll very often throw it's spines up for the camera, so you're not seen holding them up. I don't know if this is an automatic defence mechanism or what the reason might be but that's how many of the best perch pictures are taken. It doesn't always work but it's always worth a try.

i think its a horny mechanism

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

That's a different kind of 'perch' you've been rubbing Andy

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Glad to say my perch season is off and running too. First frost of the autumn yesterday morning(well an iced up car anyway), dull and cool - definitely felt like perch weather. First ¾hr in a favourite haunt produced 2 good stripeys, a 1lb 14oz fish followed quickly by a 2lb 15oz fish....nice! :)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Glad to say my perch season is off and running too. First frost of the autumn yesterday morning(well an iced up car anyway), dull and cool - definitely felt like perch weather. First ¾hr in a favourite haunt produced 2 good stripeys, a 1lb 14oz fish followed quickly by a 2lb 15oz fish....nice! :)

C.

Nice one Chris :) 2lb 15oz seems to be a popular weight, I've had three now :rolleyes: It's sad isn't it, another ounce and it take it up a serious notch!

I tried again at the weekend but normal service has resumed. One little tiddler. The weather was all over the place though, I thought I was going to get blown in at one point. I'm going to give it a rest now and wait for some extra water and colour to get into the stream. It normally fishes well when it's like that, plus all the fish are pushed into little slacks in the margins which is good.

I did see a perch swirl on the surface at dusk though - that wasn't a tiddler!

Oh, and I found my old favourite perch float again - the wind blew it out of it's hiding place in the reeds :)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music