Big Chub Spotted In The Tyne

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"o' the chub on the tyne are all mine all mine the chub on the tyne are all mine" :rolleyes:

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

"o' the chub on the tyne are all mine all mine the chub on the tyne are all mine" :rolleyes:

That's terrible!!!

But funny :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The Tyne isn`t the "best"of coarse rivers in the country but can throw up the odd speciman,a Chub of 6lb was caught on steak 2005/6 season,and although the season gone seems to have been exceptionally poor(very few Chublets and Dace showing and Roach hard to find but they are there)Chub to 4lb have been landed occasionally and too 3lb a little more often,if you know the right places!!(spend a couple of years walking the banks you`ll find them)

S

A friend had a 4lb-13oz fish @ 21.75" from the BWAC section of the Tyne a few years ago

55cm is approx 21.75" being generous.

Unfortunately Big Waters no longer have the fishing rights on the Tyne,sold off to Salmon anglers!

Unfortunately Big Waters no longer have the fishing rights on the Tyne,sold off to Salmon anglers!

You can get a Northumbrian Anglers Federation coarse fishing permit and fish a lot of the Mickley stretch from the other side you will also be able to offend the salmon anglers with your pressence.

P@UL

You can get a Northumbrian Anglers Federation coarse fishing permit and fish a lot of the Mickley stretch from the other side you will also be able to offend the salmon anglers with your presence.

P@UL

Now why would anyone want to do that; offend the salmon anglers :rolleyes:

On second thoughts, they don't give a toss when they come wading through my swim when I'm after chub on the Wear.

I had one guy tell me that they (the superior game anglers) try to discourage coarse anglers from fishing MY club waters.

I did hear that the guy who has taken the BW stretch paid £200,000. He could have joined BWAC for about £40ish

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

I did hear that the guy who has taken the BW stretch paid £200,000. He could have joined BWAC for about £40ish

Probably somebody from outside the area and doesn't give a damn about denying locals access to there own river. Mickley was one of the very few bits of the Tyne open to coarse angling. But its not a total loss as like i say you can get a fed permit and fish a lot of it from the other side.

P@UL