Lake Meadows in Billericay, Essex

Myster

Hi all,

I have only been fishing for about two months and I went to Lake Meadows in Billericay, Essex and I did'nt have a bite all day we were fishing on the houses bank with maggots and sweetcorn and bread. Has anyone any ideas how to fish here and where the best place is to fish there ???

Thanks Jono

P.S Great Site By The Way

"I Feel Sorry For People Who Don't Drink.

When They Wake Up In The Morning,

That's As Good As They're Going To Feel All Day".

---------- Frank Sinatra ----------

thanks for that paul

Cheers Matt ;)

To add to what paul has said, if you are a beginner you might find Gloucester Park a better place to start and learn - it's stuffed with fish :)

take a look at http://www.micktoomer.co.uk/

Mat

Matt, went and had a look at Gloucester Park last year, although the venue looks great and I'm sure it fishes really well, I refused to leave my car in the car park. When I drove in there was at least 10 different piles of broken glass right next to different parking bays, obviously the local 'characters' have realised that anglers leave their cars and are gone for the day.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Matt, went and had a look at Gloucester Park last year, although the venue looks great and I'm sure it fishes really well, I refused to leave my car in the car park. When I drove in there was at least 10 different piles of broken glass right next to different parking bays, obviously the local 'characters' have realised that anglers leave their cars and are gone for the day.

TBH I used to go there when I was "between cars" it's only a 5 min walk from the train station and 20 mins from Southend by train :)

The swimming pool carpark seems more secure, but you have to pay for that one.

Mat

Mat

Ok like that is it :angry: thanks for the warning :thumbs:

If you have transport Myster, there are lots of much nicer places to fish fairly local to you than the local parks!

Try http://www.bdac.co.uk/ - £57 a year for about 2 dozen waters or

http://www.total-fishing-tackle.com/shopco...ype=bridge_lake - very easy day ticket lake, or

http://www.shellangling.com/ - another day ticket lake, some excellent tench and bream fishing in the match lake

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

Ok like that is it :angry: thanks for the warning :thumbs:

No problem Myster, seeing as you're in Brentwood, why don't you pop into Brentwood Angling ? I've been in there a few times and they always seem to know how all the local places are fishing.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"