The Tope are here

Manxman

My oppo called in at work this afternoon for a brew. he was out in his boat fishing off Castletown at the weekend and a great fishing at the Tope.

Never heard of them being around this part of the Irish Sea so early in the year, if this is global warming, roll on.

My oppo called in at work this afternoon for a brew. he was out in his boat fishing off Castletown at the weekend and a great fishing at the Tope.

Never heard of them being around this part of the Irish Sea so early in the year, if this is global warming, roll on.

:clap2: I fished the IOM Festival about 12 years ago and we had some great tope fishing from the shore. :clap2:

Is he back down then next week? I heard of a few mackerel being caught around the Mull over Easter. I fished the Mull from my boat at Easter, for two days and never managed one, mind the tides were only 7:2mtrs and it was very sunny.

I hope you find a few for bait, if not there's still plenty of Herring being caught out of Port Logan.

Just a PS.

Now that The Ship is closed for renovations and the new Landlady stated categorically "Anglers wont be able to afford my prices" where are you guy's planning on staying down in Drummore in future

Looks like the Clash will be fully booked then John!!! When are your main holidays on the Mull this year John?? I fancy having a bash at mark X this year,where you had your record bass day.

I was so dissapointed last year when I arrived to find it the colour of drinking chocolate :schmoll:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Is he back down then next week? I heard of a few mackerel being caught around the Mull over Easter. I fished the Mull from my boat at Easter, for two days and never managed one, mind the tides were only 7:2mtrs and it was very sunny.

I hope you find a few for bait, if not there's still plenty of Herring being caught out of Port Logan.

Just a PS.

Now that The Ship is closed for renovations and the new Landlady stated categorically "Anglers wont be able to afford my prices" where are you guy's planning on staying down in Drummore in future

hi john , we normally just drive down the same morning as our trip but we do have a couple or three weekends down there usually bivvy up at east or west tarbet or ardwell back bay and have a chase about for the spinny silver fish or try an connect with a tope from one of the bays , on the ship note john i think she might just have made the pub a white elephant , anglers used to spend a lot of money in there , i might be wrong (not be the first time)and she might turn it into a fine eaterie and wine bar but can you imagine her telling mally and ian or snatcher to tone it down when their full of the sauce :schmoll::headhurt::wallbash::clap2:

Snatcher, were up on the night of Fri 10th. August for three weeks, so should be able to fish Sat AM. Is Davy H. confirmed as coming down that day? if he wants to go for a spikey fella I've got a rod n reel he can use.

Guy, this woman is spending big bucks on the place, doing away with some rooms to make high class restuarant upstairs, I can see it going tits up pretty quick, and she doesn't like swearing either. It will be a pity if she doesn't make a go of it and it ends up closed.

Snatcher, were up on the night of Fri 10th. August for three weeks, so should be able to fish Sat AM. Is Davy H. confirmed as coming down that day? if he wants to go for a spikey fella I've got a rod n reel he can use.

Guy, this woman is spending big bucks on the place, doing away with some rooms to make high class restuarant upstairs, I can see it going tits up pretty quick, and she doesn't like swearing either. It will be a pity if she doesn't make a go of it and it ends up closed.

As far as I know John,Davy,Linda and Guy will be staying in our van on the Sat night,not sure what time they are arriving though.Young Snatcher,Dale and Terry leave at some time on the Sat morning after "lads week". I am sure I will have tales to tell :headhurt:

I will be up for a bit fishing on the Sat John :thumbs: As far as the Ship goes I can see it going down the pan.It was the hairy arsed fisherman that handed most of the money over the bar. I hope I am wrong by the way.Are we taking bets on the first AN member to get barred from the place???? I think Guy and myself may be worth a couple of quid :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Now that The Ship is closed for renovations and the new Landlady stated categorically "Anglers wont be able to afford my prices"

Well what can I say without mister B's and snatchers contributions can't see anywhere managing to survive. reckon i could run a business based on either one as my sole customer.

good luck to her, hope the clah doesn't get ideas of grandeure when it realises the fortune to be made by excluding the locals. :P:P:P

Well what can I say without mister B's and snatchers contributions can't see anywhere managing to survive. reckon i could run a business based on either one as my sole customer.

good luck to her, hope the clah doesn't get ideas of grandeure when it realises the fortune to be made by excluding the locals. :P:P:P

The Clash just has about the right balance. They fill the place with locals when they have their bingo and quiz nights. Also the odd entertainer and darts comp is very popular.Anglers are made very welcome,Martin knows that they all have money to spend on having a good time.He has just had a display cabinet built with some basic fishing gear for sale. Will be handy if you miss Ardwell Marine.

I hear that they do a very nice line in hand tied sandeel lures :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair