USA imports

rogd

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew, this does not fall on deaf ears. Having hung around before buying a Finder, for when a mate comes over from the states, I noticed you saying this elsewhere and I promptly bought my Humminbird locally. OK, I could have made a good saving off the bat, but apart from the legal stuff I gather warranty for stateside stuff is only covered stateside and that CE approved is warranted for two years instead of one by yourselves. Potentially worth the extra to me for sure.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I am right in the middle of my two week holiday in sunny Florida and have just been to the BassPro shop on International Drive. The phrase 'kid in a toy shop' springs to mind.

It is absolutely awesome, you can get eveything you could ever need. Fishing kayaks already fitted out, VHf radios,fishfinders, Scotty rod holders etc etc etc. The list really is endless, and the prices were cheeeaaapp!!

Unfortunately I was dragging my fish-phobic family round with me so I had a limited time there. :wallbash: Lets just say I wont be buying any Rapala's for a while!! :clap2:

Cobra Tourer

OK Scupper Pro

Dorset

My Humminbird Matrix 47 3D has arrived from the USA problem free.

I paid only £37 custom duty.

The final cost is £311.21. I've saved £157, 79. The same unit in the UK sales for £470.

My Humminbird Matrix 47 3D has arrived from the USA problem free.

I paid only £37 custom duty.

The final cost is £311.21. I've saved £157, 79. The same unit in the UK sales for £470.

Oh oh, youv'e said it now, you are gonna get a msg from Andrew OKreallyinterestedincorneringthehumminbirdmarket, the customs police ha ha :busted_cop:

Oh oh, youv'e said it now, you are gonna get a msg from Andrew OKreallyinterestedincorneringthehumminbirdmarket, the customs police ha ha :busted_cop:

Hmm, that's a well considered and thoughtful post. I'm happy to have a two-year warranty and electronics that won't get me in the **** by conflicting with other electronics even if you don't think it's worthwhile. And I value the input on these forums of people in the know.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Hmm, that's a well considered and thoughtful post. I'm happy to have a two-year warranty and electronics that won't get me in the **** by conflicting with other electronics even if you don't think it's worthwhile. And I value the input on these forums of people in the know.

WOW Mark

What happened to your sense of humour?????? :thumbs:

Time I left this forum, its gettin too stuffy and serious ha ha!

Bye to all the "old guys" and see ya around

SDD~~~~ :sun:

do not do that m8 , i know several people here that have been using us imports for years. i personally have loads of us tackle :busted_cop:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Time I left this forum, its gettin too stuffy and serious ha ha!

Bye to all the "old guys" and see ya around

SDD~~~~ :sun:

I think you would be missed and would be sorry to see you go.

:headhurt: