USA imports

rogd

I'd also miss you, (I like you) but I did find your corruption of OKReally to be offensive in the extreme. It's not like he gives bad advice - in fact it's always very good advice.

Umm. Sense of humour. Well, I haven't had a cigarette since Thursday. Not that that would ahve anything to do with it would it? Umm.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just received 2 reels from Basspro Shops in the good old US of A.

Arrived in 9 days, no tax and very reasonable postage.

Have a chat with Debbie on the International desk 001 417 863 2499' she's a star.

Its been a month now and I've not had any demands for VAT or import duty

I have just read this thread and am now a little apprehensive !! I ordered a hummingbird 565 from the usa on e bay without knowing anything about all this import duty and CE approved stuff !!

Oh well I will keep my fingers crossed. As they say " if it seems to good to be true, it usually is too good to be true !! "

I suppose it will serve me right for not doing my homework. Although I did contact the seller to ask if he supplied to the uk and if there were any issues with it ? he replied no issues and would be ok.

He probably doesn't know about the CE mark either. I didn't until this thread came up to be honest. i should imagine you are clear of the duty etc now though.

so you can come out from under the bed now the coast is clear

:unsure:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Quite often a GPS or Chartplotter will have a low detail base map built in. If you opt to import from the US you may not get a UK or EU basemap. However, this won't be an issue if you plan to use a more detailed map cartridge with it.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Mike, what you say is true. However, UK companies do not make twice the profit - the retailers get ripped off too. I used to sell a few cameras in my old job, and the mark-ups were ridiculously low. How low? If i developed 4 films that made more profit than on a £200 camera. It's nuts, it really is.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.