Best way to beat a under tow while float fishing....

chris mc

..When wagler fishing how does everyone beat a strong drift/under town?Way Ive been doing it for years is first of all make sure i allways sink my line,then make sure am fishing over depth with the aproite sized weight pinning the bait to the bottom and haveing the float set correctly so it doesn't pull under as it trys to drift .

..When wagler fishing how does everyone beat a strong drift/under town?Way Ive been doing it for years is first of all make sure i allways sink my line,then make sure am fishing over depth with the aproite sized weight pinning the bait to the bottom and haveing the float set correctly so it doesn't pull under as it trys to drift .

I really enjoy ledgering with a float, a nice light bomb or feeder, set your float up as usual, (with shot), or it is to bouyant, good fun and a sure fire way of making sure your float and your bait stay where you want them. and as you say sink your line, and adjust till the float is where you want it.

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Guest Rabbit

I use a long stemmed waggler float, and after casting sink the rod tip under the water,and reel in a couple of feet, and keep the rod tip under the water, until you get a bite. Then strike upwards as a side strike might be a bit tricky. :thumbs:

Grey ill give that a go one day never hered of it befor wat do you use to keep the "Led" in place ledger stops?

I use a long stemmed waggler float, and after casting sink the rod tip under the water,and reel in a couple of feet, and keep the rod tip under the water, until you get a bite. Then strike upwards as a side strike might be a bit tricky. :thumbs:

Yeah i allways sink my line my after casting ,but at times it takes alot more ,esp on large waters when fishing for big fish on small baits such as maggot.The methord I've been using does work it's just i'm hopeing to find some differnt methods to see if i can find a better one as am not 100% happy at the moment.

Edited by chris mc

Guest Rabbit
Grey ill give that a go one day never hered of it befor wat do you use to keep the "Led" in place ledger stops?

Yeah i allways sink my line my self but at times it takes alot more ,esp on large waters.The methord I've been using works was just hopeing to find some differnt methords see if i can find a better one as am not 100% happy at the moment.

I know what you mean it is a hassle, but I suppose rather the using a float a small feeder would be better perhaps. With a quiver tip rod, or perhaps a swing tip? Almost a float innit?

Edited by Rabbit

I know what you mean it is a hassle, but I suppose rather the using a float a small feeder would be better perhaps. With a quiver tip rod, or perhaps a swing tip? Almost a float innit?

Yeah Rabbit that's wat i usually do when it gets really choppy get the old swing tip out,love watching it lift up .Need to buy my self a new swing tip rod now you mention it!

Hi Chris, I have the same problem on a lake I fish. I do as you describe, fishing overdepth and overshotting so the weight on the deck holds the bait in position. I'm not that happy with it either, mainly because I have to use quite a lot of weight and because I get a niggly feeling that the tow drags the bait into weed before it holds bottom (it's a weedy lake). I usually end up legering too!

I can't think of a better way to float fish so any ideas are welcome :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes Chris, a ledger stop, set it all up as if you where using a light free running ledger set up, but with a float added, you can just use the lead/feeder to cockthe float, but as i said the float will be very bouyant so try if you can to use the corect amount of shot to set the float instead, great fun.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

In the "good old days" before carp were put in every water you could use pound and a half mainline without any worries. That made this problem much less serious, especially if you soaked your reel spool in dilute detergent before a trip (just a small squeeze of washing up liquid in a mug of warm water, drop the spool in for five minutes).

A Couple of things I have learned.

1) When you cast watch how your line lands. If it lands in a bow the battle it already lost and you need a heavier float.

2) Instead of using larger anchor shot use a few number 8s. A few smaller shot holds the bottom better than 1 bigger shot.

P@ul