Anyone Fished off Margate Recently?

Stoaty

I was thinking of taking the boat down to the Margate area over the weekend. Has anybody fished offshore or even from the shore there recently? I haven't been down there for about 3 maybe 4 years.

Plenty of boats launch from Minnis Bay at the weekends(between Margate and Herne Bay).There is a padlocked gate across the ramp but when busy is always left open.Get there early and you can park free in the road.There are plenty of skate being caught and hundreds of dogfish.Fresh herring best bait at the moment, squid good aswell if you dont mind catching dogfish allday.Once launched you only have to travel 1/2 mile to get amongst fish. Hope this helps.

PS would have been happy to meet up but have to work this weekend :wallbash:

I think my boats a bit big to trailer around. I should have said sail it down from Gillingham. There's plenty of skate around the whole estuaty at the moment. I was wishing someone was going to say the hounds are jumping in the boat now...