Pendelum rig

Jack Sparrow

been watching the fishing on Discovery this week and Henery Gilbey was on a few times and he mentioned a rig called a pendelum rig or something like that, it looks like a running ledger rig from what i could see, but when you brought a fish in the weight of the fish help to lift the lead clear of the sea bed, so helps to prevent it snagging, and he also said it was excellent for longer range casting.

Does anyone have a picture of this rig and how its made up as a picture paints a thousands words to me.

Sorry if this sounds a silly question, its just ive been out of sea fishing for a good number of years now, and i carnt remember it been about when i was into it.

Regards

JS

will it work with green beads ;)

wont the crimps above and below the beads get stuck in the mainline swivel (they're not shown ) or are the beads loose??? (never used a pulley rig) perhaps the beads are purely "stoppers" and free to move

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cheers for that :thumbs: , i had a feeling the name was wrong :rolleyes: , does anyone use this and how does it fair compared to the more traditional rigs?

Regards

Jack

:clap2: It works for me, especially over snaggy ground. The weight of the fish pulls the lead up to the swivel, keeping it clear of the snags. The fish does have to be heavier than the lead though. :clap2:

Cheers for the info, just one more question, what is the purpose of the two crimps on the one in the link that chappers put up. I understand the reason for the bait clip and beads, but not sure on the crimps.

And do you use a stop knots to stop the beads moving?

Sorry for the basic questions, but im just getting back into sea fishing after a long lay off from it.

Regards

Jack

Cheers for the info, just one more question, what is the purpose of the two crimps on the one in the link that chappers put up. I understand the reason for the bait clip and beads, but not sure on the crimps.

And do you use a stop knots to stop the beads moving?

Sorry for the basic questions, but im just getting back into sea fishing after a long lay off from it.

Regards

Jack

That one has been made using a sliding clip. Without the crimps it would slide right up the line. The clip can slide a few inches during the cast which arguably makes it more likely to release than the fixed version.