French Venues

Lard

Hi,

Do any of you know of any venies in France that may be able to meet the following criteria:

Can be booked exclusively, has carp over 40lb, has decent accomodation?

Have checked out a few sites such as anglinglines but have found nothing that has grabbed my attention, other than Lac France & Lac Kingfisher through carpfrance, but these are booked for when I plan to go in August!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, especially if you have been there.

Thanks, Lard

i havant ever been to carp venues in france but hope to in my life

but when i was looking for good venues i turned to google to help find some good venues you should give it a try

sorry i cant give you any more info

tight lines

mike finlay

mike finlay the carpinator

The big question is what do you mean by decent accomodation and for how many people ? Some lakes have a house / cottage that can be booked as well, it really depends on your requirements. I'm off to a lake in Sept that offers all the above but it's single 'house' accomodation is pretty small and would be fine for a very small family only - I can't remember the name off hand, but it advertises in the mags plus I've visited the lake before and have friends who've fished it a couple of times.

I also seem to recall Millers carp and cats have suitable sounding facilities, but I've never been there - try googling.

Rob.

The lake I was wracking my brains for is Lac De Lesmont. I'm pretty sure they have a website but again you'll need to search for it. I don't know prices for fishing and accomodation but I think they are about average.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Lard I have just such a venue I have recently (Yesterday!) been offered to start my lakes off with!! Just starting to put together a site and this lake has accom onsite.. Or I can offer you anything from a 1 bed gité to a 15 bed Chateau with servants? What are you after??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks for all of the replies to date.

Chris, I am after a two bed gite, with a lake containing 40lb plus carp that I can book exclusively

Regards, Lard

you'll prob struggle 4 aug this year the better venues are normally booked up a year in advance!!!!!

The LAKES I have in mind WEE to be sold this year hence no booking as such yet!! BUT as the couple who own the lakes decided that they are going to keep them they also decided to have a year off to "Update" the facilities.

The lakes are spring fed and separated by a gravel bar. The accommodation is on-site and comprises of a wooden cabin and what was a freezer trailer now converted to a two bed "LODGE". Now I do know of two Gites available not too far away which are both two bed and are of the HIGHEST quality!! I stayed in the one for two months after I married last year and helped to renovate them!! So know a bit about them! BUT it all comes down to cost!? If it is Anglers to stay then the lake accommodation would be ok I reckon. if you are bringing the Wife and Kiddies? Maybe the Gites as well??

The most I know about the lakes is they have been in the same family for several years. The lake record is i think 42lb and last year they lost a couple of LARGE fish due to being "Spawn bound" The largest of which was a 38lb mirror which had never been seen before.

If you ARE interested to go further please contact me at "chris at french-lakes.com" please and I will be only too happy to help you out.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))