Fishing in Hertfordshire

Angelo8

I wonder if anyone can suggest any good night fishing lakes in Hertfordshire, i am not looking for syndicate lakes.

When it comes to carp fishing i can say i am very good at blanking :schmoll: but getting better, so preferebly a lake that is not too hard...

Any tips for suggested lakes would be good too.

Angelo

Angelo

I wonder if anyone can suggest any good night fishing lakes in Hertfordshire, i am not looking for syndicate lakes.

When it comes to carp fishing i can say i am very good at blanking :schmoll: but getting better, so preferebly a lake that is not too hard...

Angelo

Hi Angelo, Holwell Hyde in Welwyn Garden City is not too far from you or you could try Bayford Lake, Near Hertford. Both allow nights.

You could also try Rib valley Lakes. They do night fishing on their specimen lake and I believe they allow night fishing on the trout lake in the summer when they stop the fly fishing. The bigger 30lb carp are in the trout lake, but expect a few blanks as there is fewer in there.

Andy.

Thanks Andy,

I will give them a try, I had already found Bayford but not had a chance to try it yet

Cheers for the advice.

I tried booking Bayford a couple of weeks ago and they were fully booked for a few weeks so if I were you I'd not leave it till the last moment.

Angelo

Furnace mill fisheries is well thought of - might be just outside herts though...

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Furnace mill fisheries is well thought of - might be just outside herts though...

Ooops way off beam there...can't imagine what I was thinking.... :wallbash:

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

The ones I know of are Bowmans Green near Colney Heath and Stanborough Lakes at Welwyn Garden City.

Fairlands Lake in Stevenage might be worth a try.

Our chief weapon is surprise

When I was at college in Hertford I remember being driven to a gravel pit of quarry not too far away, where the largest of the pits had some decent carp in and a smaller lake next to it was stuffed full of golden rudd. Can anybody think where that might have been? I have a vague feeling it could have been on the Welwyn road but I could be completely wrong. The college lake had some very strange hybrids in that were seemed to be part rudd, but god knows what else. They were like greeny-bronze herrings.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

When I was at college in Hertford I remember being driven to a gravel pit of quarry not too far away, where the largest of the pits had some decent carp in and a smaller lake next to it was stuffed full of golden rudd. Can anybody think where that might have been? I have a vague feeling it could have been on the Welwyn road but I could be completely wrong. The college lake had some very strange hybrids in that were seemed to be part rudd, but god knows what else. They were like greeny-bronze herrings.

Peter how long ago was that, it sounds a bit like rib valley lakes which are about 3 miles outside Hertford. There is also a group of lakes a bit further but not too much, that the Turnford consortium run, not bad fishing apparently.

I have read somewhere befor about those fish in the college pond, it might of been on here somewhere.

Puzzled, Stanborough lake and Fairlands don't allow night fishing unfortunately. Stanborough is good for bream and carp and some good perch, barbel and chub can be caught in the river lea alongside the lake, especially in the evening when the crowds start to thin out (can get very busy on the weekends and school holidays).

Andy

Edited by Jigotai