hartlepool or whiby

iggy

Guest challenge
Didn’t you know that both your father and myself graduated with honours from the Arkwright School of Economics? In fact, we were their two best students!

JB

Was that the same school that Tommy Lewis got expelled from for short changing the dinner monitor?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Very possibly my friend.

I remember Tommy saying to me dad (sat in the marine pub) one day.

The man who says that money cannot buy you happiness, doesn’t know where to shop?

Then me dad said to him “that’s true, now how many pints did them anglers leave us in the pump before they had to hurry back to Barnsley?”

:thumbs:

I remember Tommy saying to me dad (sat in the marine pub) one day.

The man who says that money cannot buy you happiness, doesn’t know where to shop?

Then me dad said to him “that’s true, now how many pints did them anglers leave us in the pump before they had to hurry back to Barnsley?”

:thumbs:

John you meen to say your dad got a drink out of a barnsley lad!! Thought he was a fisherman not a magican

In the early seventy’s when I first started taking anglers with me dad, it was 50p an hour and it was about 25p for a pint of beer. Hence 2x pints for each hour fished. I use to get £12 for every 6 hour trip, or 48 pints. me dad said that I was too young to drink so he drank me 48 pints share and kept the other £24 for himself saying that I would understand about sharing money better when I grew up. :blink:

[/quoteYou are right,thats what my Dad did...he had a couple of Hotels in west yorks and when I came home from school I would fill the bars up with bottles in the early 70s and clean the cellar...he paid barmaids then about 60p per hour and I got 50p....but there was never any cash passed to me....everytime it got to a £100, he would go and buy me some shares...some I still have and some went bye the wayside,he paid my grandad £30 per week to clean at the time...I think when we lost the shilling, a pint of beer was 13 new pence??.

Guest challenge
John you meen to say your dad got a drink out of a barnsley lad!! Thought he was a fisherman not a magican

I suppose you could say they where magicians, if you agree that magic lies in challenging what seems impossible. :thumbs:

Regards.

I suppose you could say they where magicians, if you agree that magic lies in challenging what seems impossible. :thumbs:

Regards.

John don't know if you remember him but Dekka who went to spain was quite a bit p*****d of on sat Man u fan thought you might want to know lol.

Guest challenge
John don't know if you remember him but Dekka who went to spain was quite a bit p*****d of on sat Man u fan thought you might want to know lol.

Yes I remember him now mate and I realise who you are. How’s Paul? Have you been with him this year? Has he got himself some new skipper’s shoes yet?

Decca what a man, he will be happy now that Liverpool got beat, typical man u fan.

Take care and look forward to your fishing reports, be they course fishing or sport fishing. :clap2::clap2:

Regards.

Yes I remember him now mate and I realise who you are. How’s Paul? Have you been with him this year? Has he got himself some new skipper’s shoes yet?

Decca what a man, he will be happy now that Liverpool got beat, typical man u fan.

Take care and look forward to your fishing reports, be they course fishing or sport fishing. :clap2::clap2:

Regards.

Hi john, No Paul's shoe's have still got plenty of mile's left in em yet there only 27yrs old. Not been out of Whitby this year, But i'm on the Chieftain on wed 30th on a 46hr. I was out of Hartlepool last sun not much about few small codling and coalies. How's the new job at Boot's?? don't suppose it's good to be on land all the time.

regard's.

Guest challenge
Hi john, No Paul's shoe's have still got plenty of mile's left in em yet there only 27yrs old. Not been out of Whitby this year, But i'm on the Chieftain on wed 30th on a 46hr. I was out of Hartlepool last sun not much about few small codling and coalies. How's the new job at Boot's?? don't suppose it's good to be on land all the time.

regard's.

It’s certainly different mate. Still I like a change every now and then. No I must admit I do miss the sea, John Michele and I put in a few sea hours in the 4 years I was with them.

I kept a diary when I was on chieftain, I will have to work out how many hours at sea we put in and how far we steamed, I believe it would be quite freighting. I think that I will probably return to the sea for my living, don’t know when? I suppose I could have 4 years away from it so that a few could catch up?

I wonder how many tons of fish I filleted. Good luck with your next trip on chieftain. Have you any trips booked with Sir Paul this year? If so tell him that I am still alive and kicking.

Regards.