catfish and carp

Hi all,

im going to a fishery in cornwall called whiteacres to my knowledge it is quite a well known placed and i would of thought fished quite heavily the lake im fishing in has 10 catfish the biggesdt being 51 lb and the smallest being 24 and lots of carp the biggest being 28 its a 1 acre lake with 3-4 islands that u can fish too which arent spaced apart very far i am using a hair rigged size 6 hook tied on with 15lb braid and then tied by a swivel to 15 lb mono with a 1.1-1.5 ounce whieght on a 2.5 - 2.75 carp rods both equipped with baitrunners. ive heard that catfish like pellets and fishy baits so i was going to use 1-2 17mm halibut pellets on a hairig i also no by experience that carp like pellets aswell.

so my question's are: will the tackle that i am using be able to hold a big cat

will i get carp still take the single/double 17mm pellet and how would i go about the amount of groundbait to put out there for the cats i thought of using trout pellets for ground bait so i got 5 kg of it i also have 15 / 10 mm spicy shrimp and prawn boillies, which ive had great succesess which catching carp, squid and octupus 15 mm boilies, 10 mm green lipped mussel pop up dogbiscuits, 10 mm halibut pellets, bread and normal dog biscuits (i also have small pva bags)

also could u tell me what would be the best way to catch the carp of the surface and bottom i thought the same rig would be fine but ure the experts :thumbs:

any info would be helpfull

tight lines - jay harris

p.s i am also putting this topic on coarse fishing as i am leaving friday morning sorry for the short notice!

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

the tackle ur using should be fine i had a 55lb cat recently on 12lb line and a 25lb silkworm hooklink.....i'd lay a big bed of hemp maggot and pellet down 2 attract the baitfish 2 the area then the cats will jus swim thru wiv ther mouths open and scoop up the bait and any little fish feedin on it i normally use pellet on the hair or a fishmeal pop up about 2inches off the deck had loads using this method!!!!!!!! i'd use a bigger lead tho normally 3 to 5oz

Edited by scoop

• 2 weeks later...