Post Session

rarepleasures

I reckon at once a fortnight your missus should clean and tidy the tackle....

Part of it is being an Urban Angler reliant on public transport so I can only go weekends and to her thats 'us time'

She lets me keep my gear and bait in the house and forgave me when my maggots escaped :o

so shes not all bad...

Tony

Wow, I don't do anything. I used to give everything a quick clean and tidy once a year in the closed season, but I've been fishing this year. The way I see it, fishing gear is supposed to get wet and dirty. The only bit of tackle I will actively clean is a fly line!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

To be honest when I read this I was very concerned :headhurt:

You say the other half only lets you fish at most once a fortnight.

We have been married a good number of years and the pre nuptial agreement was that I could go fishing as often and as long as I wanted, otherwise the marriage would have been doomed from the start.

In fact now, the wife actually encourages me to fish and I do worry about her motives :unsure:

So the way I see it it is not your tackling down that the problem,( seeing its such a rarity anyway <_< )

It 's your need to tackle your other half :angry:

Lay the law down, tell her its a mans RIGHT to fish, and if that doesn't work I am sure some here can help with some great excuses.....or you could wait 25 years she will be so keen to see the back of you she will be buying your maggots :clap2:

Pretty funny read

I'm 'allowed' once a week and even then get moaned at for being back 'late' which is usually half five six!

As for the gear I usually hang nets out to dry in the garage, wipe down rods and put it all back in the spare room where it belongs.

All my unused baits (deadbaits) go back into the freezer....the missus has been pretty good about that and given me the bottom compartment of the freezer for that use.

Edited by Neil G

I clean my tackle when I get to the lake, but only if it needs it. If it rains for a while,I do chip off the hard lumps of method mix stuck to the reels and rods, the rain having softened it a bit.

Clothes get binned and washed as soon as I get home :) I usually stink a bit as I wipe my hands on my trousers/jumper...and about once a month I remove all the litter which has been thrown into one of the boxes.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I clean my tackle when I get to the lake, but only if it needs it. If it rains for a while,I do chip off the hard lumps of method mix stuck to the reels and rods, the rain having softened it a bit.

Clothes get binned and washed as soon as I get home :) I usually stink a bit as I wipe my hands on my trousers/jumper...and about once a month I remove all the litter which has been thrown into one of the boxes.

Den

Sounds exactly like me

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?