fishing rods

boring_old_fart

I have been looking at rods for quite a while now, and finding it hard what rods are anygood! u have loads of rods, beach casters and spinning rods all that are 9ft+ so to long for a kayak! i purchased a 30lbclass boat rod + multiplier last year that has done me well for macheral feathering and some trolling, and can be used for heavier ledgering, and i have a very light tele spin 3ft long i think, which is ok... but wouldnt trust it with a fish on the end! ;)

but i wouldnt mind doing a bit more trolling, and a bit more spinnng when i get close to the cliffs and reefs! do you have any ideas what rods are good for this? cheers! jb :)

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

I've been using the Shakespere europe boat roads 12lb class, there only a tenner, and I've trolled , spun , uptided and downtided with em with no problems, they might be for you they might not , but got to be worth ago for a tenner.

I use the 12lb class version, and I find it adequate so far . The correct name for the rod is Euroboat. I do use another type of Shakespere rod, I think the code is 9010, its a 30lb class , and it casts 1st class, and I use it when uptiding in fast tides and snaggy bottoms.

I use the 12lb class version, and I find it adequate so far . The correct name for the rod is Euroboat. I do use another type of Shakespere rod, I think the code is 9010, its a 30lb class , and it casts 1st class, and I use it when uptiding in fast tides and snaggy bottoms.

i think they do that model in 12lb,20lb,and 30lb . i have the 12lb more than enough ,and at that price if they do get damaged easily and cheaply replaced.

:thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

hey guys

i've not long been yakking and fishing and i have a cheap tele spinning rod paid bout £10 for it and i've had bass upto 5lb on it great fun if u dont mind waiting 20mins to get them in. also i was gonna ask wat sort of rods to use but dont need to now so thanks for the info aswell i will go out and try one of these euroboat rods aswell.

I have a few Euroboat rods as recomended on here, they are great rods and a very good price. I tend to buy cheaper rods but good reels. The rods are cheap but are also very good :)

I do have better rods but always tend to use the euroboats as they are just the right size!

Mullarkeys do good deals on the shakespeare euroboat and you get to pick your colour too :)

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I have a few Euroboat rods as recomended on here, they are great rods and a very good price. I tend to buy cheaper rods but good reels. The rods are cheap but are also very good :)

I do have better rods but always tend to use the euroboats as they are just the right size!

Mullarkeys do good deals on the shakespeare euroboat and you get to pick your colour too :)

yeah... i baught a euroboat 12lb 2day! £9.99 bargain! got to choose a colour, so i went for red to match my boat :thumbs:

cant wait to try it out!

had some luck 2day, 5 macheral, on my little tele spin rod, it is some sport, great fun, beant double! really pad to play for it! :D i like a bit of sport!

glad you have had some fun on the little spinning rod. where do u fish to get the mackeral?

i was out at loo beach, nr falmouth, in the fal estury! they were so close (3-5mtrs from shore) i caught 3 from land!!