Sad news for Canoeing father and son ...

Volusian

very sad but the welsh incident was 3 years ago

oops ... very true martin. They must have added it to the news section because of the Scottish tragedy ..

i shall pop to specsavers tomorrow ...... :blink:

Sad news indeed :(

The last line is of concern, too:

It is not known whether the pair were wearing lifejackets at the time.

Accidents can happen anywhere (you're more likely to die crossing the road than most other ways), but narrowing down the odds with lifejackets and the relevant safety equipment is a matter that just can't be emphasised enough, in my opinion.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You would think that the news agency would know if they were wearing life jackets. It's quite an important fact. I can't see how they would perish so quickly if they were wearing pfd's and wet or dry suits. Many people do go to sea with nothing.

Once again this is sad news and accidents will happen and with sit-on-tops growing at a very fast rate all we can do as a group is promote safety on the water and carry as many safety items as possible, yes I know they cost a lot of money which hopefully will never need, but how much is your life worth to your loved ones.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Sad news indeed :(

The last line is of concern, too:

Accidents can happen anywhere (you're more likely to die crossing the road than most other ways), but narrowing down the odds with lifejackets and the relevant safety equipment is a matter that just can't be emphasised enough, in my opinion.

Nobody i know wears a life jacket when going fishing. most of them are stowed away in the cubby and if you needed one in a hurry you would be shark bait by the time you got to it.

i read a report once that stated more people are pulled from the sea wearing overalls than life jackets.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/