Knot

I think this looks remarkably like a 'water knot' that I've seen people use for tying a paternoster or a small leader for pinching shot to when legering.

I have to agree, I have always used a three turn version of this for tying my hook lengths on and know it as a three turn water knot. The water knot in the link looks like some form of a over hand knot and a big no no to me & the uni knot looks like a grinner but what would i know. Just that what i call a three turn water knot looks small & neat, the tag ends lie close to line and it serves me well.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I have to agree, I have always used a three turn version of this for tying my hook lengths on and know it as a three turn water knot. The water knot in the link looks like some form of a over hand knot and a big no no to me & the uni knot looks like a grinner but what would i know. Just that what i call a three turn water knot looks small & neat, the tag ends lie close to line and it serves me well.

Names of knots are often mixed up. The one I call a surgeon's knot is also called a double surgeons knot and a water knot. I can see why you might want three turns but it's never failed me with just two (even on mullet). I think the one on the link is a simpler version for for joining ropes.