Don't rely on electronics

YakDiver

This has been said on this forum before, here is a tail of woe

I have a Garmin GPS that I use in the car on the bike and of course my kayak, yesterday I was going down to Poole and as I can get lost in a carpark I took the GPS with me, switched it on and after some time I got a warning message "no satellite reception" so switched it off and back on again still the same this is going to cost me I thought :headhurt: .

When I got home I phoned Garmin told them the problem and they said they will send me an e-mail on how to fix the problem sure enough one e-mail :- Master reset

In regards to the issue you are facing with your E-MAP. Please try the following. Hold down on ESC+POWER. You will then see a message come up saying 'do you wish to erase user data' Answer Yes, then you will need to leave it outside for approx. 45 mins in a clear view of the sky, in a stationary position

and now it's working again YES I'm not too sure what it does, but is must have downloaded something from the satellites I suppose ......now where shall I mount that compass :thumbs:

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I don't know if it's any help but I seem to remember hearing something on BBC Spotlight Southwest a couple of days ago that the Armed Services (?) were going to be trying a jamming device on GPS systems in the south west area, and the BBC were warning motorists that their Satnavs may not work. I don't know if this coincides with the time of your trouble, but a call to the BBC in Plymouth might answer your question. It might not be your GPS giving problems. Hope this is of help.

Not only that but they can spoof em too.

Heres a link to a report.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/06/mo...trial_cornwall/

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

SPOOF? Mark - I say 3.

??????

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

master reset

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86421