Fishing in Cuba?

Julian

Hi all, can anybody help this visitor to the site?

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I’m going to Cayo Guillermo in Cuba this October. Has anyone been there and have they got any info on fishing opportunities?

Many thanks, Mark

---------------------------------------------------------

Cheers, Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

No, but I've been on the internet as we're thinking of booking at the sol hotel there.

game fishing on group boats can be done at 250 dollars per boat for half a day, each boat fits up to 8 people, which is very cheap at carrabean prices, main targets are dorado, bonito and barracuda.

the beach is very shallow, you can walk out for some distance, but there is a 14km long coral reef, so i assume snapper, needle fish , chub and yellow tail will be found.

speed boats can be hired for 11 dollars for an hour if you fancy trying the reef fishing.

best of luck and tell me how it goes, i'm very interested as you can imagine.

cheers

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Have no personal experience but from what I've seen on angling proigrams ( Total fishing matt Hayes ) it's an angling paradise. it has everything from blue water big game fishing to light tackle fishing with spining tackle in mangroves for baracuda, Jacks, permit and snook.

• 4 years later...
Have no personal experience but from what I've seen on angling proigrams ( Total fishing matt Hayes ) it's an angling paradise. it has everything from blue water big game fishing to light tackle fishing with spining tackle in mangroves for baracuda, Jacks, permit and snook.

went there last june,its fab, take proper gear for big fish, snapper, tarpon , jack, bara cow fish, permit and bones.. lots of areas im off again in june... take avon skin so soft for the mossies its cheaper and much better than geet

Julian

We have discussed this on an earlier post look here

Although the post is titled Cayo Coco much of it is about Cayo Guillermo I have fished there every year for the past six years and if you need more information send me a PM.

I've got to say there is a Sailfish tournement in October so bookings for the charter boats may be a bit tight.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to Melia Cayo Guillermo next week and I look for nice spots to fish except the pier at the Melia or at the bridge.

I saw some reviews about the big rocks at Playa Pilar or the other rocks next to Sol but do you think it's may be a good place to fish or if you know some better place could you let me know Please.

Thanks in advance.

Mike