Reels?

noodle996

Guest J.Iddon

Ive got a pair of these

Good quality for an angler on a budget, as I am! Mine have had quite heavy use and are still as strong as ever.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get them cheaper than £50, the BRI 5000 Regal plus big pit is £42.99 at Leslies or you can get a 2006 model, that doesn't have the air bale from a guy in Ireland and he quoted me £165 including postage for 4, the 3500 and 4000 are even cheaper, as all ways, pays to shop around.

They are a nice reel for the price and had some good feedback from people that use them.

yes trevor, i find them a joy to use - even if i can't remember what i paid for them!!

Guest tigger

The Okuma VS series are fantastic reels. They're Okumas top reel. They're "not baitrunners" are solid aluminium, have 16 bearings, amazing cranking power are really well made and smooth.

I have the vs 30 which is one of the smaller ones in the series but they go up to 55's I think. I got mine from foreign lands off ebay (arround £50) and received it quicker than if I bought it from over here.

I actually use the old Shimano 8010's , 5010's and 8000 gt's for my pike and Carp fishing and find them to be perfect for the job. You can pick them up for reasnabe prices on ebay. In fact there are quite a few for auction at the moment.