whats the funniest thing that ever happened to you.

dapper64

I was was fishing on one our club lakes yesterday , now this lake is nown to have some big carp in it, anyway I was fishing on the bottom with a hair rigged spicey chicken boilie and relaxing in my chair when my rod completely jumped out of the rests and set off down the bank ,I just managed to grab it before it disappeard into the water and struck into my (big carp) but there was no fight whatsoever so I reeled it in and to my astonishment there on the hook was a tench that weighed no more than a lb.

Fishing two years ago down a local pond for perch a young man was fishing on the other bank with a girl who i am asuming was his girlfriend. after catching a few fish he gave his g/f the rod only for her to cast and let go of the thing and it went flying into the middle of the pond. she found it very funny as did i howether he wasnt pleased and argued and complaind all the way back to the car.

concluson g/f and fishing are not a good mix lol

one time sea fishing my friend said he had all the tackle and all to go sea fishing *he does float fishing usually* so we arrived and all fishing for small fish i.e wrasee pout goby pollock and school bass the set up was a size 2 hook down to a 2oz lead when he arrived he had a size 10 hook split shot a 1/4 oz whieght and another split shot to keep it in place long story short by the end of the day he had lost 10 whieghts 20 split shot and also missed 19 bites and caught 1 wrasse about ----------------------------------------- that big we were in stiches!

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

went to a resiviour few months ago and as you do you give other anglers the usual "hi how are you, caught anything?" to which one guy points at a few fish on the bank about 5oz each so i go ah nice cya later.

it wasnt till later i had realised they were mackerel, and further more they were in the blue polystyrene trays with the selephene bag which had been ripped, and even further more it said asda on the label.

another story: up my local canal you get to know the people who fish there, so heres davy, pat, kenny

pats wife comes down to see pat and talks away quite the thing after about 15 minutes or so she leaves to go home. 30 minutes later pats wife comes back and marches over to pat, "WHY THE F*** DID YE NO PUT THE TATTIES N CARROTS IN THE STEW FOR" *SLAPS HIS BALDY NAPPER* more arguing and profanities later she storms off home. theres an eary silence and davy goes home. minutes later kenny throws his rod in the canal marches of crying "av had enough of this sh**" and pat probably spent the night on the couch.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk