Rudders

*Blaze*

Any chance someone could post pics of their rudder setup?

When fitting one yourself is there anything I need to look for i.e. did you make any mistakes did it conflict with any other fittings on the yak.

I had quick look on the Malibu web site and the instructions are poor, are their any rudder makes I should avoid ?

Appreciate any help Chris :thumbs:

Any chance someone could post pics of their rudder setup?

When fitting one yourself is there anything I need to look for i.e. did you make any mistakes did it conflict with any other fittings on the yak.

I had quick look on the Malibu web site and the instructions are poor, are their any rudder makes I should avoid ?

Appreciate any help Chris :thumbs:

http://tinyurl.com/3c2wet

have a look here

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Given the prices of rudders, there must be a gap in the market for a cheaper 3rdparty rudder kit which would fit the popular OK models. All the rudder kits I've seen are well over £100.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

rudder!!!

two strokes on one side one on the other :thumbs:

I suppose they do have a purpose

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Yakdiver - that is EXACTLY why you have a rudder! INSTEAD of having to put in correction strokes, just point at where you want to go and paddle straight there - no correction strokes, no offset on the paddle, no edging to keep straight - just point and paddle. Going upwind, you don't need it, so raise it up and reduce the drag.

That is why our kayaks are built with the rudder built in as an integral part of the kayak - not as an aftermarket add on, with the lack of strength that entails. If you are careful and aftermarket rudder will be fine - but be careful because they are vulnerable. Provided you are aware of the possible vulnerability it will be fine because you will give it the little bit of respect it needs. Pick the rudder up before coming ashore - OR make sure you hit the beach straight on and don't run back down (dig your paddle in behind you and use it to prevent the kayak from running back down the slope) - it is running backover the rudder that will cause grief, not coming in normally where it will kick up.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

My P13 has a square end with 4 moulded in threaded sockets so I supose their must be some kind of adaptor plate dont supose youve come accross any pics have you.

Rob.

Sorry Rob I havent I was after X Factor details , loads of people on hear with P13s so some one should be able to help you out :thumbs:

Sorry Rob I havent I was after X Factor details , loads of people on hear with P13s so some one should be able to help you out :thumbs:

hi here ,if your up my neck of the woods (near aberystwyth ) your welcome to see my x factor with the rudder fitted

and weather permitting have a spin