Bass Tape measures and scales

Grant

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...t=0&start=0

B.A.S.S. have some tape measures for sale, that allow you to measure your fish, and tells you the weight.

I had a little to do with it, and had the kayaks in mind- often want to get a idea of the weight before I put it back, and scales arent easy on a yak! While there are some variances on thin and thick fish, the base data for this was huge, and most variances have been small.

If you are in the UK or elsewhere then please follow the instructions as to how to buy one.

If you are in Jersey, Iron Stores Marine and the fish market shop have some (they kindly agreed to stock some), or you can send me a PM.

All proceeds towards the BASS restoration fund.

Cheers

Grant

B.A.S.S. member

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap as chips and nearly as tasty, much easier than weighing. :thumbs:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Kevin - who did you send your cheque too for the tape? If it was John Halton (Treasurer) then he is on holiday - so he won't know you have sent it yet!

I have 15 or 20 here ready to send straight out.

Anyone who wants one, write cheque to "B.A.S.S." for £2.50 and send it to me with an address. I'll post your tape straight back out - unless I am away for a couple of days.

Thanks for the positive feedback Specimen - i hope you need to use it soon!

We would be grateful for any pictures of capturs with the tape measuring it too.....! Again, send to BASS - more details on www.UKBASS.com

Thanks for all your support folks - the Society is doing what it can to preserve and improve the general fishing around our coast - but support is needed we can't do it all ourselves. Nobody gets paid for doing anything on this project, it is all voluntary, not even expenses get claimed by these good men working hard for our sport.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I sent a cheque with a self addressed stamped envelope and had it back the next day :)

Had a few bass since but nothing worth measuring :(

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse