Another Great Day's Fishing

natty

After my great session two weeks ago at Passies Ponds, I decided to give it another go today. Once again, I arrived at the lake just before 10am, unfortunately the swim I was in last time was taken, but there was another good looking swim a couple of pegs further up, so I decided to set up there.

I quickly set up two legers, both with a simple knotless knot rig to a size 12 barbless hook. On the hair I used either single or double 6mm Schnitzel Wurst Jelly Pellet or 6mm Polar Ice Pellets. Before casting out I also hooked on a small PVA bag of pellets (Carp Vader feed pellets in a variety of sizes in Natural, Polar Ice and Schnitzel Wurst flavours.

The day started off with a some lovely October morning sunshine and the fish seemed to appreciate the nice weather too, within 50 minutes I had already landed 3 carp and 2 bream. The carp ranged from 2lb to 5lb and the bream averaged 1lb.

Here is my first fish of the day:

337294706.jpg

Here is the average size of the bream I caught:

337294696.jpg

By 11am, the weather took a turn for the worse and it rained heavily non-stop for the next couple of hours, luckily the fish didn’t seem to mind the weather change and I continued to get bites steadily over the next couple of hours. I added a further 5 carp and 6 bream to my tally and I also had a lovely bonus tench.

Here is my tench:

337394896.jpg

Here are the average size carp I was catching:

337294703.jpg

337294701.jpg

The rain eased up around 1:30pm and a couple of kids turned up and fished in the swim to my right, unfortunately narrowing down my casting options. The bites slowed down for the next two hours, but I still managed to catch three more carp - between 3lb and 7lb 8oz, as well as another couple of bream.

At 3:30pm, one of the kids next to me landed a lovely 17lb common carp and just after they returned it, a larger carp made off with my Schnitzel Wurst pellet, I struggled to control it in with my light tackle and I had a couple of hairy moments while the unseen carp charged underneath a sunken tree, thankfully after several hard fought minutes, the carp reluctantly rolled in the waiting net. It looked like it would be a low double and I was pleased to see the scales read out 12lb 12oz.

Here it is:

337294695.jpg

I continued to catch fairly consistently for the rest of the day and added several more carp up to 8lbish and bream up to around 3lb up until 6pm. I eventually had virtually everything packed up by 6:15pm and I had just one rod laying on the floor and the landing net left to pack, when that remaining rod tore off, it felt like another decent carp and after 5 or so minutes a nice mirror was in the net - the scales, camera and unhooking mat were all packed away, so I unhooked it in the net in the margins and guesstimated it at around 10lb to 1llb before gently slipping it back.

Overall, I finished with a total of 15 carp, 14 bream and the tench. Although from 11am onwards the weather was appalling, I thoroughly enjoyed another day of splendid fishing.

Edited by natty

Good for you, and thanks for sharing.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Looks like youve had another great fun days fishing.When I see the enjoyment people can have at these places it does kind of make me guilty about not being that positive about commercials. All the fish certainly look in good condition.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Can't argue with a bag like that. Well in Natty.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...