Carp Fishing

matty49

Evening folks,

Next weekend im off night fishing once again, cannot get enough of it :thumbs: I'm a big carp fisherman, love it. Now, could someone tell me which would be the best baits, rigs to fish with this weather we are having and best places to cast or fish near.. e.x.p lillies,banks e.t.c

Cheers

mysig333323dj5.jpg

Evening folks,

Next weekend im off night fishing once again, cannot get enough of it :thumbs: I'm a big carp fisherman, love it. Now, could someone tell me which would be the best baits, rigs to fish with this weather we are having and best places to cast or fish near.. e.x.p lillies,banks e.t.c

Cheers

Depends on the situation at the lake when you get there. You will need to take lots of factors into account, not just the weather. For instance, angling pressure, features, snags, lake bed type, depth of water, etc. As for best baits, they tend to vary from water to water. What works at one venue might be totally rejected by the carp at another venue. When I go to a new place, I always take half an hour or so to look around first. Have a good look at the water, see if you can see where the fish are. Talk to the owner (if he's around, he'll usually know the water better than anybody), talk to other anglers. You need to arm yourself with as much info as you can if you're going to be successful.

PS. Why have you put up a pic of a motorbike?

hi there

perhaps you should bait the swim up where your going to fish to get the fish feeding confidently so when you get there that night they wont hesitate to take your bait

also you should try to be quiet and check the weather before you go, because if its going to rain then you'll need to take a shelter of some sort.

the rig that i use is a braided ledger with a hair rigged boilie but thats for my lake you need to experiment with your lake and learn what the fish like there :thumbs:

and the best place to cast would be either near a bank and maybe near lilies but lilies are better for tench

good luck

mike

Edited by carphead07

mike finlay the carpinator

hi there

perhaps you should bait the swim up where your going to fish to get the fish feeding confidently so when you get there that night they wont hesitate to take your bait

also you should try to be quiet and check the weather before you go, because if its going to rain then you'll need to take a shelter of some sort.

the rig that i use is a braided ledger with a hair rigged boilie but thats for my lake you need to experiment with your lake and learn what the fish like there :thumbs:

and the best place to cast would be either near a bank and maybe near lilies but lilies are better for tench

good luck

mike

Whilst the above tactics can work it will be a hit and miss affair. What you should do is locate the fish before you start fishing, don't decide on swims before you go as the fish will probably have other ideas. Any features are good to fish to, including snags, weed or lillie beds and the margins (both near and far or island). Same as with most things, there's no simple or one right answer for all lakes, or even any lake. Things vary from day to day, even hour to hour. All you can do is watch and learn and biuild up your own experiences of what works and what doesn't.

Rob.