Firefly Duo Travel Rods on Ebay

SeaDooDavid

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha ha Richi! We are all getting tackle tarts in our own little way oh Tart-meister Wizard :notworthy:

Will let you know how it handles with some of the cod / Pollock from my local mark (subject to ever being able to get out in conditions decent enough to fish!) Think it will be a breeze though as TOP quality kit! Keep putting it together and taking it apart like a kid at crimbo :lol: driving the misses insane ha ha :lol:

Hey JT :thumbs: Has it warmed up over there yet or do you want me to come over and bring another can of sunshine? :sun::sun::sun: Hope yer keepin ya chin up mate!!

Seadoodavid~~~~ :sun:

dave lovely day today ,but chucking it down tonight and the winds got up . hoping to get all clear friday and hope to get out for a short paddle with my next door neighbour (he won't swap prowlers boo hoo ) . he did a course here with derek hieron who has a book coming out this month ,he runs a training school uses capers and scupper pro .

:thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

dave lovely day today ,but chucking it down tonight and the winds got up . hoping to get all clear friday and hope to get out for a short paddle with my next door neighbour (he won't swap prowlers boo hoo ) . he did a course here with derek hieron who has a book coming out this month ,he runs a training school uses capers and scupper pro .

:thumbs:

Superb! Hope to come and have a paddle with you either later this summer or next year again mate :thumbs: My mate Prowler should have swatted up on how to teach me to catch some Bass by then, rather than teach al aunce how to swim on a leash ha ha! :unsure::thumbs:

I have talked to Derek one year when I saw him launching the scuppers (spotted them right in!!) will have to keep my eye open for the book! Hope you get the all clear and get out and catch some of them Bass that must be leaping over the bows by now :clap2:

Hey Speciman, yeah I noticed that the boat rod is not listed, but there are a few for sale on their ebay site! I left some feedback to say so and a nice chap replied saying that the site is being updated and all will be on there soon, including the ability to buy online (oh god my poor wallet) Am seriously thinking about the travel spining rod now as I am well impressed with the quality of the boat rod :D Hope the misses isn't gonna read this as she can't see why I NEED more fishing gear, but like I say, it's not about need it's about WANT ha ha! Right Richi? :lol:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

:drunk:

Hi David

If its not too much trouble could you pop only the rod sections on the scales ?

I suspect the case makes up quite slice of the 1.5kgs.

Done :thumbs:

That surprised me SM! 875grams just in the cloth bag (thin)!! You were right quite a bit really (worth it IMO with my track record of wreckin stuff ha ha!) The rod feels nice and light in the hands which is good for me as I like to hold the rod as opposed to leaving it in the rod holder :thumbs:

That's half a beer you owe me he he :drunk:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Thanks for that. :thumbs:

The bags just under half the weight of the rods - which is good - I thought the stainless steel fittings may have turned the rod into a really heavy item.

I currently fish with Fladen Solid C's but they're not doing too well now. Have chipped a ring on one, have replaced the tip ring on another and had one rod replaced when the screw on the handle went. There is also light corrosion behind the rings.

The blank itself is nice but I feel they've skimped on the fittings.

From those pics, the fireflys look much better quality - the SS rings look durable & the rod easy to stow as its a travel rod. I don't mind opening the front hatch at sea but don't like putting my Solid Cs in the hull as they can get damaged this way.

A couple of beers coming your way... :drunk:

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Heh heh will have the beer at a meet SM, like I say determined to make some this summer (summer???) that might be a trade descriptions matter :lol::lol:

I have higher res pics of you want some or if you want me to take any specific ones let me know by PM mate :thumbs: ?

I looked at the salt rods you mentioned and it was a toss up between that and the ebay firefly one! Glad I did. The rod eyes are nice quality. They send you a letter how to look after em and how to put em together etc, nice touch as normally on ebay you just get the rod and a receipt ha ha!

All the best

Dave

I think it was Simon Everett who recommended the Salt ones. I've been wanting to take a look at that them too.

Have emailed the seller about a possible 10-20lb/30-50lb combo. That and a 10-20lb/20-30lb set would cover all fish species, & I'd have two 10/20lbs rods which I'd use the most.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I think it was Simon Everett who recommended the Salt ones. I've been wanting to take a look at that them too.

Have emailed the seller about a possible 10-20lb/30-50lb combo. That and a 10-20lb/20-30lb set would cover all fish species, & I'd have two 10/20lbs rods which I'd use the most.

Ooops you are right it was duurrr!!

That sounds like an interesting combo! Hmm let me know how that goes! I am going lighter these days. The fish I get here are mainly cod and Pollock with the odd flatties thrown in (everybody is catchin Bass except me!! grrr the bloody things are leaping around me, especially at the estuary mouth and sand bar, but I just CAN'T catch em :cry: ) so don't just want to drag em in on a brush pole jobby being such light fish (2 to about 5lb average) For the Tope and bigger species you lot get the 10-20 to 30-50lb sounds ideal! :thumbs:

SDD~~~ :sun: