Mullet

Matt Baldwin

Guest muttley

Leon...does the mullet club condone any capture that was taken in a no fishing zone or is it anything goes and they have no scruples at all. If a fish was taken illegally it shouldn't count. Do you think that it should count Leon. Its a yes or no answer...don't be a politician and wriggle out of it with a wayward answer. Lay your cards on the table...YES or NO :unsure:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that it should count Leon. Its a yes or no answer...don't be a politician and wriggle out of it with a wayward answer. Lay your cards on the table...YES or NO :unsure:

I'm pleading the fith amendment :)

(ps I'm nothing to do with the committee of the NMC, better ask someone from the NMC committee for an authoritive answer)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Disappear for the week and come back to all this. I think the other guy should now reply to Matts responce but some how i'm not confident he will. Shame the other guy had to get the cleaning gear out alledgedly. I would like to hear his justification of the comments that he posted in light of Matts reply, in particular where he says that there was fish scales everywhere. Don't say much for the fish.

Looked at the photo's again, i don't see too much crap, scales,bread on them or the rails etc, the fish doesn't look like it is missing too many scales on the side showing, perhaps it's bald on the other.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The problem is there are so many element to this, firstly that one hell of a mullet any angler of any age would be over the moon with it. Then there is the jealousy that such a quality fish courses older angler when caught by such a young angler. Then there’s the location of the catch, this has posed more problems, there’s the doubt over records that haven’t been weighed on dry land! Then there’s the doubt about records being claimed from private areas not open to all anglers. Then there is the owner of the boat Mat fished from. He has made the point that Mat was meant to be working on his boat, not fishing.

Mat has given his explanation and to me it seems reasonable, I often have a sneaky cast in areas anglers shouldn’t be and more to the point I bet most of us do!

However if I was to catch a substantial fish like Mats mullet from a closed marina I would of kept the location secret and taken photos from the nearest sea wall. I wouldn’t have wanted to claim a record or a **** load of trophies from the NMC.

To catch such a fish from any location is a happening of a lifetime and out shines any record claim or NMC trophy.

I do think that to award Mat a shed load of trophies would be to condone fishing from private area, and although I have already said I would do the same for the NMC condone this just doesn’t seem right.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Guest muttley
I'm pleading the fith amendment :)

(ps I'm nothing to do with the committee of the NMC, better ask someone from the NMC committee for an authoritive answer)

I did ask them and they said that lots of their members fish in, quote : 'grey areas'.

So it seems to me that they do condone fishing in no fishing areas.

I did ask them and they said that lots of their members fish in, quote : 'grey areas'.

So it seems to me that they do condone fishing in no fishing areas.

I am speaking as an individual member of the NMC rather than on behalf of the committee.

The NMC have been promoting conservation of the species since it was formed in 1975. New members are given help and encouragement to catch what can be a difficult fish to catch. The NMC is active in angling politics to protect the sport.

Muttley chose to quote very selectively from the reply he received from the NMC Chairman. It seems for some reason Muttley is trying to undermine the integrity of an organisation that does a tremendous amount of good for angling and conservation.

Accepting captures on trust meant that a lot of fish were returned alive that would have otherwise been kept, especially in the early days. In tidal rivers, marinas and man-made harbours there are a lot of 'grey areas'. On some tidal rivers even the Environmental Agency officials give conflicting advice whether a rod licence is needed to fish for sea fish at these locations. Local byelaws are not always clear on many estuaries, on one of the estuaries I fish, I was told by the warden that certain areas were out of bounds. It turned out that this was not the case.

If you would like to take a look at the NMC website onwww.thenationalmulletclub.org it will give you better idea of our activities and read our Code of Conduct.

I am proud to be a member of the NMC and I think most people will be able to see sniping and digs for what they are.

Regarding Matt Baldwin's fish, I have read the comments on this site and other correspondence and am happy with his capture even though it bumps my fish off the top spot for this year!

To any normal angler reading this thread from the beginning it would seem that Mutely is pointing out the obvious. That is if Mat Baldwin receives a shed load of awards from the NMC(AS LEON ROSKILLY POINTED OUT!) then they are promoting angling in no angling areas.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Guest muttley

This is no 'grey area' capture. It was taken from a no fishing zone. if it was a 'grey area' it could be debated..but it isn't. Couldn't give a stuff what he gets from the mullet club but the boat record is a no no as far as i am concerned.

This is no 'grey area' capture. It was taken from a no fishing zone. if it was a 'grey area' it could be debated..but it isn't. Couldn't give a stuff what he gets from the mullet club but the boat record is a no no as far as i am concerned.

What if it was mr angry boat owner who hooked it and was applying for a record, would that count? He certainly wouldn't be moaning about alledged crap on his boat then being a fisherman as well would he? By the way he still owes Matt 25 quid or is this an elaborate method of not paying.

I think it is for the record committee to decide in any event.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..